Bernie the Shill

Dadrian

I watched a documentary last night on History Channel about Bernie Madoff. It showed his life story and interviewed some of his big investors. It also showed where the name "Ponzi Scheme" came from and where the word "con" comes from. It was very informative for me, since i rarely watch the news (it makes me wanna shoot my TV ;)). All I knew is the late night hosts were really having fun with this guy because he scammed $65 billion.Through the whole thing, my mind kept going to "Phil the Shill". For the most part, the style of vice is dated (i said for the most part coop :)), but the storylines are timeless. I guess that's what keeps us coming back.here's a timeless piece of advice:don't invest in anything where the words "burn" and "made off" appear in the deal. :) (bibliography: i'm sure someone already said this)

other potential scammers:Phil McCountup, Willie Dewtyme, Joe Munnygone, and Adam Uppenleeve.all jokes aside, this story is a very sad commentary about what kind of monsters are out there. this man even used charities as a front!

yeah, that's what they all say...till they're wearing cuffs on CNN...or healing deaf girls on TBN :)