Starsky and Hutch

chum981

I was watching an episode of Starsky and Hutch today (don't know the name of the episode)...One of the characters on there was named "Merl the Earl" - he was just like Noogie - fast talking, wheeler-dealer, mischievous kinda guy - and also African American.They then showed a scene in the same episode where the baddie is staying at a trailer park and Starsky + Hutch go to apprehend him...Starsky takes an empty pizza box from the trash and pretends to be delivering pizza to the trailer - the baddie falls for it and after a little struggle, Starsky + Hutch are able to apprehend the baddie..............this is just like what happened in Miami Vice the Movie where Trudy is being held captive in the trailer and Tubbs (Jamie Foxx of course!) grabs an empty pizza box and pretends to be a delivery guy...

I then checked if there was any Starsky + Hutch and Miami Vice connection...Apparently Michael Mann started out writing for Starsky + Hutch! I did not know that...Starsky + Hutch ran for 4 seasons...The episodes Mann has written for in the first 2 seasons (I don't know about the last two seasons) are...Texas LonghornLady Blue (a.k.a. Lady Killer)JojoThe PsychicI would like to watch these 4 episodes and see if there are any similarities between them (character or plot wise) and Miami Vice...the episode I saw (too bad I don't know what it was called) already showed 2 similarities - and 2 quite big ones!

also there was an episode with pmt in cant remeber what season it was or the episode name ill find them in a little while i know mann and yakovich(sp lol) write it and stuff really good ep aswell pmt was some jamaican dj/cab controller really funnyit was season 3 ep called quadromania

also there was an episode with pmt in cant remeber what season it was or the episode name ill find them in a little while i know mann and yakovich(sp lol) write it and stuff really good ep aswell pmt was some jamaican dj/cab controller really funnyit was season 3 ep called quadromania

Yes! Just did some searching...PMT was Kingston St. Jacques in Quadromania

I found a video on youtube...I think the episode is JoJo - you can see Merle the Earl a little trying to sell the car...he's just like Noogie...and this episode was written by Mann...its the first episode that Merle the Earl appears in

There was also another show (forgot the name?) but it starred the guy from Six Million Dollar man.He was a "bounty hunter" and also used an old pizza box to get to the front door. The one thing different .... He put a flywheel in the box that he had stashed in his Pickup and when he hit the guy with the pizza box...it was lights out for sure!Do you have any idea how much a flywheel weighs? :) hahahahaha!

There was also another show (forgot the name?) but it starred the guy from Six Million Dollar man.Wasn't that "Fall Guy" ?

That's interesting - Im sure some of the directors and writers worked on Skarsky and Hutch as well , as well as the stars Paul Michael Glaser & David Soul directing episodes in the first/Second Season

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
That's interesting - Im sure some of the directors and writers worked on Skarsky and Hutch as well ' date=' as well as the stars Paul Michael Glaser & David Soul directing episodes in the first/Second Season[/quote'] Plus Antonio Fargas appeared in Mirror Image.Starsky and Hutch is to the 70's what Vice was to the 80's.Then there was New York Undercover, that was a hip hop/urban version of vice in the 90's.

I found a video on youtube...I think the episode is JoJo - you can see Merle the Earl a little trying to sell the car...he's just like Noogie...and this episode was written by Mann...its the first episode that Merle the Earl appears in

The episode is indeed JoJo from S&H Season 1, written by none other than Mr. Mann, a couple of years before he did "Vega$."

• 1 year later...

Yes! Just did some searching...PMT was Kingston St. Jacques in Quadromania

I saw that episode of Starsky and Hutch couple days ago on a cable channel. I never watched Starsky and Hutch, so I did not know PMT was in an episode of that show. I looked it up on IMDB and the episode with PMT as Kingston St. Jacques in Quadromania was in 1978. His accent reminded me when he played a Jamaican character on MV :thumbsup:

I ve seen a few names on Miami Vice episodes more directors that worked on S&H such as Virgil Vogel and Michael O Hearlilhy - they also worked on Dallas, Dynasty and Star Trek original series.:D

Interesting. I happen to recently see an episode of TJ Hooker (yeah, Heather looked stunning, as usual) and there was a part where he has to go to another city and team up with a detective and it WAS Noogie, playing the same kinda part as in VICE just on the other side of the law. Big, white Caddy too...... Pretty cool... Mike

Interesting. I happen to recently see an episode of TJ Hooker (yeah' date=' Heather looked stunning, as usual) and there was a part where he has to go to another city and team up with a detective and it WAS Noogie, playing the same kinda part as in VICE just on the other side of the law. Big, white Caddy too...... Pretty cool... Mike[/quote'] Heather Locklear in police uniform - yum :D