Inside Miami Vice

Campion

If my memory serves me correctly, back in '87/'88 (maybe '88/'89) when USA started airing the first three seasons in syndication, the network (USA) ran a special program called "Inside Miami Vice". It covered the first three seasons and was narrated by Elizabeth Ashley and was probably 30 minutes, or maybe 60. It seemed to me that it was a sales piece to pitch syndication for the show to networks, but USA ran it on the air. It was like a highlight reel and I remember lines like "sometimes under cover work means being under the covers" and had a montage of love scenes for the characters. Similar segments covered the action, the fashion, etc. But it was all first three seasons, none of the fourth.

I don't see it listed on her IMDB page or anywhere else for that matter. I used to have it on tape, but I'm sure that's long gone. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Got a link for us non-Facebookers, Kern?

Not really, don't remember where I got it and I can't find it on youtube.  When I right click on the video, it shows the FB url I posted.  The "vb" in the address might be a clue, isn't there a video site with those initials?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Campion said:

I'm clicking the link but Facebook is saying the content is not available right now.

It works for me, are you a FB member?  If anyone knows of a free (malware free) program that copies videos, let me know.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, miamijimf said:

It works for me, are you a FB member?  If anyone knows of a free (malware free) program that copies videos, let me know.

If you use Google Chrome or Firefox for a web browser, there's a browser extention/addon called "Flash Video Downloader" which I use frequently. 

On 28/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, Campion said:

If my memory serves me correctly, back in '87/'88 (maybe '88/'89) when USA started airing the first three seasons in syndication, the network (USA) ran a special program called "Inside Miami Vice". It covered the first three seasons and was narrated by Elizabeth Ashley and was probably 30 minutes, or maybe 60. It seemed to me that it was a sales piece to pitch syndication for the show to networks, but USA ran it on the air. It was like a highlight reel and I remember lines like "sometimes under cover work means being under the covers" and had a montage of love scenes for the characters. Similar segments covered the action, the fashion, etc. But it was all first three seasons, none of the fourth.

I don't see it listed on her IMDB page or anywhere else for that matter. I used to have it on tape, but I'm sure that's long gone. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

I'm guessing this? It says narrated by Elizabeth Ashley. Only Part 2 is missing. Would be great to see that one as well! 

• Like 1