Hello there ! From France !

Kalwynn

Hi there everyone,

I'm a 36 year old guy from France. Since I'm a teenager I've been deeply interested in 80's music and pop culture.

I used to have the Miami Vice soundtrack in audio tape ("Own the night" !!!).

I've been to Miami and Florida and loved it (go Heat !), best vacation of my life !

So it was pretty obvious I had to apply here and join your community !

I own several little items linked with our favorite series :) and I'd like to share musical suggestions to improve my knowledge of the "Miami Vice sound" ! :radio:

Looking forward to read about you !

• Administrators

Welcome to the site, Kalwynn! Hope you'll enjoy your time spent on our friendly community. 

• Like 1

Welcome on board pal!glad to have new same thinking people in the best place on the interenet where the party is going like its 1984!

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Welcome on board pal!glad to have new same thinking people in the best place on the interenet where the party is going like its 1984!

Sounds good Victor, tkanks !

I need to put more even more 1984 in my life I believe (music, fashion etc.), guess I'll find several ideas around here.

Btw, here are some pics of where I spend most of my free time in France (Quiberon peninsula).

Don't you think there's a little Florida Keys flavour about it ?

1523187067-eric-frotier-de-bagneux2.png

1523187074-le-bigorneau-saint-pierre-qui

• Like 3

Welcome to the best place to enjoy Miami Vice nostalgia, Kalwynn! I entertain at different places & try to add a song from Miami Vice, now & then.

Enjoy the site! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jeff and Tony !

6 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Welcome to the best place to enjoy Miami Vice nostalgia, Kalwynn! I entertain at different places & try to add a song from Miami Vice, now & then.

Enjoy the site! :thumbsup:

You play the bass ? Which MV song do you play live ?

• Administrators

Welcome back to the 80's!   There is zero drama here! Only good times and friendly people. So if you need help with anything please don't be afraid to ask!

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I’m a bassist! :hippie:

Oh I'm sure you're much more than that!  :p

• Haha 1

Glad to know there are some bassists around here ? Do you own "80's style" instruments ?

I have a S2000 headlesss Status bass, it looks very eighties.

I also guess some of you have precious knowledge about Carrera 5512 sunglasses... would you mind giving me your opinion about these :

Edited by Kalwynn

I posted my take in the 5512s in another thread just now. Lemme know if you don’t see it. 

The only 80s bass I have is a 1983 Ibanez RB888 that I had converted to a fretless when I was a teenager so it would look exactly like Sting’s from “The Soul Cages” tour in 1991. :p

The rest are old Fenders. :thumbsup:

I use Aguilar and Ampeg amps and no pedals, except for an occasional 80s Boss OC-2 with the fretless. I have used my old MXR Flanger with it before, too. 

Edited by Dadrian

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, Dadrian said:

I posted my take in the 5512s in another thread just now. Lemme know if you don’t see it. 

The only 80s bass I have is a 1983 Ibanez RB888 that I had converted to a fretless when I was a teenager so it would look exactly like Sting’s from “The Soul Cages” tour in 1991. :p

The rest are old Fenders. :thumbsup:

I use Aguilar and Ampeg amps and no pedals, except for an occasional 80s Boss OC-2 with the fretless. I have used my old MXR Flanger with it before, too. 

Sorry Dadrian, didn't notice or pay enough attention to your answer. :o Yes I do remember this 80's Ibanez shapes. This one looks especially "narrow", didn't know Sting used it on tour.

Aguilar and Ampeg are great amps, love them !

Except for my Status S2000, I have two others 80's basses : a 1985 Washburn Force 42 headless, and a 1989 5-string ABT. I'd like to have the 2nd defretted.

I used pedals sometimes, but few of them (MXR phase 100, Aguilar filter twin) and currently use a TC Electronic amp (before that, Trace Elliot used to be my favs).

I'm no good player at all, at least I love to play ^^

Edited by Kalwynn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't notice your last post. I sure do !

My girlfriend and I rented a small yacht this weekend, as an Airbnb vacation. I felt a little bit like Sonny, even if Elvis was missing ! :D

Edited by Kalwynn