Any word from Ferrariman since the tragedy in Toronto?

mirrorimageegamirorrim

I hope you and all of your family and friends were not directly impacted by this event.  Prayers have been sent for the city of Toronto and especially all of the families directly impacted.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

Thanks very much for thinking of me. Thankfully none of my friends or family were directly affected by this tragedy.  I actually live in North York, Ontario. About 20 minutes away from that horrible scene.  As most of you know, I was a firefighter in New Jersey for 29 years. We responded to every type of call you could imagine,  but never, anything of this magnitude. Plenty of medical calls, gruesome car crashes, but nothing like this.  In that respect, I consider myself lucky.   

This lunatic (for lack of a better word) took out 10 people and injured another 15. I can't give enough praise to the officer who stayed cool and took this guy down without firing a single shot. The only comfort we have now is knowing that he will never see the light of day again. At 25 years of age he will have a long time to contemplate the lives he's ruined. What a waste.

• Like 4

Wow. I knew nothing of this, as I’ve withdrawn from social media to work on my music in the last few months. 

This is very sad, but I’m glad you and yours are well, @Ferrariman  

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Thanks very much for thinking of me. Thankfully none of my friends or family were directly affected by this tragedy.  I actually live in North York, Ontario. About 20 minutes away from that horrible scene.  As most of you know, I was a firefighter in New Jersey for 29 years. We responded to every type of call you could imagine,  but never, anything of this magnitude. Plenty of medical calls, gruesome car crashes, but nothing like this.  In that respect, I consider myself lucky.   

This lunatic (for lack of a better word) took out 10 people and injured another 15. I can't give enough praise to the officer who stayed cool and took this guy down without firing a single shot. The only comfort we have now is knowing that he will never see the light of day again. At 25 years of age he will have a long time to contemplate the lives he's ruined. What a waste.

I too knew nothing of this? 

Glad you and your family and friends weren't affected. The cop is a true hero for talking him down without firing his weapon. 

Nice and relieved to see your good, buddy!

Hope that everybody here that lives close to this tragedy (and their dear ones) is well.

Shocked and also angry because It's ridiculous the damage a lunatic can do.  

• Administrators

It makes absolutely no sense at all. Unfortunately this has become the way of the world.   We just have to be more aware than ever of our surroundings. Don't walk around with your head buried in a cell phone.  Pay attention to what's going on around you.

Thanks again for all your well wishes!

• Like 5