Has anyone seen this heavily vice-inspired music video (Pitbull - Fun)?

BunMVO

Has anyone heard of the music video of Pitbull's 2015 song, "Fun"? It's actually really great. It even has the title over the rolling waters. It's clearly inspired by the 1980s, Miami Vice, Scarface, GTA: Vice City, etc.

I don't like modern music at all, but this is a small exception, purely because of the music video. It's got Vice fashion, colors, architecture, hell, it even has a black 1972 Ferrari Daytona and a 1986 Ferrari Testarossa. It couldn't get much closer to Miami Vice unless it was directed by Michael Mann.

Edited by pmconroy

• Administrators

Ah yes, I recall this being brought up here a few years ago.

To sum it up we were all saying how we hated it and how it isn't Vice. The colours are wrong and Pitbull and Chris Brown will never be Crockett and Tubbs.

But that's all opinion. :rauchen:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James said:

Ah yes, I recall this being brought up here a few years ago.

To sum it up we were all saying how we hated it and how it isn't Vice. The colours are wrong and Pitbull and Chris Brown will never be Crockett and Tubbs.

But that's all opinion. :rauchen:

You're right about that. I just appreciate the fact that they tried to recapture the vibes of Vice a little bit if nothing else.

Don't like the modern music.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Has anyone heard of the music video of Pitbull's 2015 song, "Fun"? It's actually really great. It even has the title over the rolling waters. It's clearly inspired by the 1980s, Miami Vice, Scarface, GTA: Vice City, etc.

I don't like modern music at all, but this is a small exception, purely because of the music video. It's got Vice fashion, colors, architecture, hell, it even has a black 1972 Ferrari Daytona and a 1986 Ferrari Testarossa. It couldn't get much closer to Miami Vice unless it was directed by Michael Mann.

My first time actually watching the music video and hearing the song, I've come across it on YouTube and had only looked at the thumbnail for the video. I recall seeing somewhere on YouTube about Pitbull's on a talk show and everybody was wondering about his choice of a pink/salmon blazer and quickly said "it's my Miami Vice!". Now looking at it, it was a decent attempt to bring MV into the 21st century, something Vin Diesel's trying to do unfortunately :(

Pros: Light sounding song to match the tone (would have preferred a different artist and a different song, preferably a cover of a song from the show), light neon colors (half the time the neon is a bit too "heavy"), the cars: a black 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder 365 convertible and an 1986 Testarossa.

Cons: the use of earth tones (something that's forbidden in the world of Vice), the colors they used are too "heavy" (i.e., the clothes), it needed more pastels, the song itself, and Pitbull and Chris Brown as C&T, nuff' said :evil: (never pictured Crockett bald :p).

Again, decent music video and below average song. (you can't make music video without Music Video!)

Edited by Retro80sfan

I liked it.  The Daytona wasn't a very good replica of the 'Vice car but the white TR was cool.  And the brunette hanging with Pitbull  was SMOKING HOT !!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mvice8489 said:

And the brunette hanging with Pitbull  was SMOKING HOT !!!!!

They usually get that part right in rap videos. :) 

• Haha 2