Relocating to Miami?

BunMVO

Obviously, Miami is our mecca. I have to say that, when I went to Miami spontaneously about two weeks ago, I loved it. Sure, it's a crime-ridden city, polluted, crowded, traffic, you have to pay for everything including parking and all that jazz, but I was so in love with the palm trees, pastel colors everywhere, the architecture, the ocean, the sports cars and yachts and expensive houses, and the sights to see, on top of the fact that it's the city of Miami Vice. I'm from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area in Minnesota, and it was such a change for me. I was wearing Crockett outfits and listening to heavy-synth '80s music most of the time, pretty much pretending it was the '80s It seemed so glamorous. Here in Minnesota, we don't have any of that. It's pretty nice here but it's so boring. I kind of want to relocate to Miami, but then again not. I know there's probably a lot more to it than I think.

The question I pose to you is, how is Miami? How would a northerner like myself react to the blistering summer heat? How are living conditions and employment/business prospects there? From anyone who knows the area or lives/has lived there.