Dreamed a new return series idea

Lifeguard

Just woke up from a dream about Billy Crockett working as a 40 year old Vice detective in Lt Joplin's squad, following in his father's footsteps.  Investigating mainly human and drug trafficking, he comes up against a man named Calderone who seems to be conflicted in his life as a crime boss and is discovering there are secrets in his past that lead him to look into who his real father is and who he is.    I thought would be a really good show.   Any thoughts?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2018 at 9:11 PM, Lifeguard said:

Just woke up from a dream about Billy Crockett working as a 40 year old Vice detective in Lt Joplin's squad, following in his father's footsteps.  Investigating mainly human and drug trafficking, he comes up against a man named Calderone who seems to be conflicted in his life as a crime boss and is discovering there are secrets in his past that lead him to look into who his real father is and who he is.    I thought would be a really good show.   Any thoughts?

Think it`ll be cool. And Calderone-Tubb`s stolen son? 

I`m only afraid, they`ll not show what the millions of fans want to see:(

• Like 1

On 6/17/2018 at 1:11 PM, Lifeguard said:

I always think it would be nice to see DJ and PMT reprise their roles, but it wouldn't have the same feel. Maybe a movie, not a series though.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 6/18/2018 at 4:11 AM, Lifeguard said:

I like this idea. Call Vin Diesel right now before he does something stupid. 

Ricardo Calderone. Billy talks to his father Sonny about this Ricardo Calderone fella, Sonny connects the dots, finds out Tubbs' son is alive and well, calls Rico on the phone in New York, Rico flies down. Rico, Sonny, Lt Joplin, Captain Calabrese, and Mayor Switek (Darlene was right), along with Billy - All get together and discuss the situation. Switek: "You think this could really be your son, Rico?" Rico: *whist looking at a photo* "I don't know, but I have to find out". 

But anyway - Moving forward to like 3/4 into the episode, they bust Ricardo Jr, put him in interrogation, Rico walks in... Rico Jr: "You're Tubbs, my family talks about you, you took down Esteban and Orlando"... After Ricardo Jr finds out who his real father is, he decides to flip and go "undercover" as a double agent to bust the Calderone cartel. "You ever consider law enforcement, Ricardo?". Afterwards Ricardo Calderone joins Dade-County Police, and they pull some strings to get him into Vice as Billy's partner. And thus the Crockett and Tubbs partnership generation 2.0 is born. 

Cue the end credits. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2018 at 7:11 PM, Lifeguard said:

I agree sounds good man!

• Like 1

the start idea is good, but IMO it's not enough. DJ, or PMT sons, or daughters will need to develop their own personnalities too. this is what that reboot is all about. when you find that you have made 90% of the road

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, James said:

I like this idea. Call Vin Diesel right now before he does something stupid. 

Ricardo Calderone. Billy talks to his father Sonny about this Ricardo Calderone fella, Sonny connects the dots, finds out Tubbs' son is alive and well, calls Rico on the phone in New York, Rico flies down. Rico, Sonny, Lt Joplin, Captain Calabrese, and Mayor Switek (Darlene was right), along with Billy - All get together and discuss the situation. Switek: "You think this could really be your son, Rico?" Rico: *whist looking at a photo* "I don't know, but I have to find out". 

But anyway - Moving forward to like 3/4 into the episode, they bust Ricardo Jr, put him in interrogation, Rico walks in... Rico Jr: "You're Tubbs, my family talks about you, you took down Esteban and Orlando"... After Ricardo Jr finds out who his real father is, he decides to flip and go "undercover" as a double agent to bust the Calderone cartel. "You ever consider law enforcement, Ricardo?". Afterwards Ricardo Calderone joins Dade-County Police, and they pull some strings to get him into Vice as Billy's partner. And thus the Crockett and Tubbs partnership generation 2.0 is born. 

Cue the end credits. 

Forgot to check up on this thread after I started it.

Nice ideas for including everyone.  Perhaps Castillo reserved for a later season where there is something CIA spook related that ties in.  

I like the way you go, but you do in one episode what I would do over a slow burn season arch, or perhaps even two seasons.  

On 6/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, jpm1 said:

the start idea is good, but IMO it's not enough. DJ, or PMT sons, or daughters will need to develop their own personnalities too. this is what that reboot is all about. when you find that you have made 90% of the road

Well yeah.  Those characters would need to be fleshed out by their actors.  You can't just try to carbon copy Crockett and Tubbs, and expect them to work with new actors.  Those characters were unique to the actors.  Just watch Larry Wilcox auditioning for Crockett and you can see how the same character in writing becomes someone completely different with two different actors.  You'd still have a different dynamic too from Billy being nearly a decade older than Ricardo Jr as well.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Lifeguard said:

Forgot to check up on this thread after I started it.

Nice ideas for including everyone.  Perhaps Castillo reserved for a later season where there is something CIA spook related that ties in.  

I like the way you go, but you do in one episode what I would do over a slow burn season arch, or perhaps even two seasons.  

True, would be nice to slow-burn it throughout the season. 

I assumed Castillo would be retired by now or dead. I would write in Castillo killed in the line of duty sometime during the 90s, and remembered as a hero. I just think it would add something to the overall story and the legend of Marty Castillo. Crockett & Tubbs quit because of corruption, so it could be corruption which got him killed. The Vice Squad is a dangerous game, as much as I hate it - at least one person from the old squad has to be killed off. That's the show writer in me talking. 

• Like 1