Yankee Dollar ending

Dadrian

has anyone ever noticed that max gets killed in the shootout at the end of the ep?i noticed this for the first time just the other day. it happens in the background, and if you blink you'll miss it.speaking of YD, would anyone object to me doing that teaser for my next cover? i was planning on doing the other song from phil the shill, but now i'm thinking of the YD teaser.

I think that's a great tune to do. I could never understand why Jan never developed it further.As for Max, speaking for myself I'd noticed, yes. Although you see Max get shot, but does that necessarily mean he dies? hmmm (rubs chin).

good point. maybe he fell into the river after the shot, which would be certain death because he can't swim ;)

• Administrators

I think they did that so that Charlie Glide would slide!With Max being dead, Charlie would say that he didn't kill Timmy, Max did. And Max was going to be their case against Charlie according to C&T. With Max dead, there was no case.It was the shows way of making sure the cops wouldn't put the slide on Charlie Glide. :p...and yes, I too noticed this.

I think they did that so that Charlie Glide would slide!With Max being dead' date=' Charlie would say that he didn't kill Timmy, Max did. And Max was going to be their case against Charlie according to C&T. With Max dead, there was no case.It was the shows way of making sure the cops wouldn't put the slide on Charlie Glide. :p [/quote']Don't forget there was the gun. Castillo pulled that out of the bag (not literally though) at the end of the episode, as if he'd got Charlie banged to rights. Crockett was also seemingly confident that Glide was going to jail. But the fact is though that you're absolutely right, the gun was fired by Max. So even if Max had died, the evidence would back up Charlie's probable line of defence which was "Max did that, I never asked him to. He took my gun. Check the gun for his prints". Therefore "beyond reasonable doubt" would not have been established and Charlie would have got off. Therefore the whole case rested on Max's testimony. Pity they didn't clarify what happened to Max at the end!

Yes I noticed Max getting shot - and I also wondered why they didn't show it properly, and just alluded to it...I thought it was because they ran out of time in the episode and didn't want to take up too much time on Max's death...even though this would have added no more than 10 seconds to the episode, that is what i have thought all along...that showing Max's death wasn't all that important...sometimes in MV they gloss over some details - it is a TV show and time/budget etc. may dictate how they do things...it was kind of like a hurried ending

very likely, chum.my favorite part of the ep is when zabado spits his food out laughing at crockett saying "when they're this beautiful, they don't have to lie"."sssssppppppppfffffffftttt...you a very funny guy, hahahaha" :) :) :) you can tell that eisenberg's (glide's) chuckle is a genuine break of character, as did probably everyone on the set.i better hush, this is gonna turn into a premature ep. discussion.

• Administrators

I don't think the producers put that much thought into it. They certainly didn't think a bunch of crazy fans would be seriously analyzing this 20+ years later! :D To them, it was only a TV show and a pay check.

Yes, I noticed he was shot in the back. His raw silk blazer has a hole in it now. It matches the hole in his back. :p

• Administrators
speaking of YD' date=' would anyone object to me doing that teaser for my next cover? i was planning on doing the other song from phil the shill, but now i'm thinking of the YD teaser.[/quote']Whatever you choose is fine with us!

yeah, i'm really feeling this one right now, and it's only 3 instruments (keys, strings, and drums). shouldn't take me that long (famous last words...).

Yankee Dollar Ending

I don't think the producers put that much thought into it. They certainly didn't think a bunch of crazy fans would be seriously analyzing this 20+ years later! :D To them' date=' it was only a TV show and a pay check.[/quote']LOL...So true!!! Little did they know we'd be out there, pulling apart every line and scrutinizing every scene. MJ