Miami Trip-Some advice from those in the know? :D

Mr. Burnett

Hey all, how's it been here? Been busy on my end, government doesn't cut yah any slack at all, lol.Anyhow, after about 10 years of being a MV fan, and trying to make it happen, I'm finally getting to see Miami! YEAHHHHWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :DHowever, it's only gonna be for a night or two at most, as I'll be running up and down from Punta Gorda to Fort Myers and on down for the week I'm in Florida, maybe even hitting Orlando. So, my time is short, I'll have two other people with me (one a minor Vice fan and the other not at all) and I need to make it count.From those in the know (which I think you all are), what ideas do you have for "stuff" to do there? Vice-related or not, I'd really appreciate any input you'd all have to help.Also, for those in the know, any hotel recommendations? I'd personally prefer Vice-ish, and not something OUTRAGEOUS, but I know how Miami is, and am willing to pay up if it's truly worth it. We don't want someplace that looks like "The Maze", but someplace with a spa and/or pool for the lady and maybe a restaurant or two in there or nearby.Any help anybody could provide I'd love to hear. Many many thanks in advance. PARTY TIME BABY!! :dance2::funky::dance:

i'd check out the glossary to hit the vice locations that were most important to me, as far as "to-do's". there is sooo much to do there. it's hard to choose if you don't have much time.to me, the south beach hotels have the most vice feel. some of them aren't the most luxurious, but still i've had a great time at both The Essex House and The Wave. The Essex House is almost exactly like The Senator from Milk Run (which has been torn down). Both their prices were very reasonable, and you can walk to the beach!!i hope you have a great time!

I highly recommend the Royal Palm Hotel on Collins Avenue in South Beach. A great hotel that's not too expensive. Also, the Courtyard Marriott on Washington Avenue is very good too.You might want to get in touch with Dan J. He's a native Miamian who takes tourists on guided tours of Vice locations.And you can consult the location guide in the glossary for ideas on places you might want to see.