Help finding a jacket

Magnum_don_boa

Hello, Im Magnus and Im New here. 

I need help finding a jacket; brand/type of jacket etc. Its a jacket worn by Sonny in season 5, in the episode "Jack of all trades". I could not find any pic, but its the black jacket in "bomber style". Its like a a "suit jacket" though. 

Sorry if this topic is on the wrong spot 

Thanks for help. 

Hi, @Magnum_don_boa ! Welcome to the site!

I’ve seen some vintage Hugo Boss bombers that are similar to that jacket.

Here’s a not so vintage one, but still similar: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302664790604

here is a vintage one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/540895044/vtg-hugo-boss-silk-bomber-jacekt-80s-90s?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=boss black bomber&ref=sr_gallery-1-4

Maybe you’ve seen those already.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately it seems to be tough to get a new decent Crockett-Style blazer nowadays. Everything is slim-fit and not really colorful. 

Where in Italy do you intend to go shopping? 

Edited by squeezem3

15 hours ago, timm525 said:

How much would you say that costs?

I don't know Timm but I would bet you back in 86 or 87 that was worth 1200-1500 dollars off the rack!

I know that many years ago I saw posts from Cooper& Burnett and he had many of the original jackets that Crockett wore. I wish the old boy was still around to chat with us.  Have you heard from him?

20 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Top one in white with the blue is an Armani.

Awesome! I’ve always wondered about that one. Do you have one, or how did you discover that it’s an Armani? :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Awesome! I’ve always wondered about that one. Do you have one, or how did you discover that it’s an Armani? :thumbsup:

"Cooper&Burnett" had a post somewhere either here and definitely from the old site where he had pictures of all his personal jacket collection. You will have to dig a little or ask one of the moderators if his stuff was carried over from the old site.

I remember seeing that jacket as it is one of my top three favourites from the show My fav was the blue striped jacket and "Coop" had the actual jacket that Don Johnson wore in his collection!

I have not heard from Coop in over three years and he used to be a constant poster on this board. We miss him...

As for your second question, I had an off white, very light corduroy type jacket in 1985 and a med blue with stripes jacket in 87 but neither were Armani. In it's day I paid over 300 dollars for those jackets (which was a lot back then) which was, in my day, a weeks salary!  I also had a lightweight grey coloured jacket solid colour and I paid 89 bucks for it at a local mens shop.

Hope that sheds light on this subject?

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 11/9/2018 at 7:55 PM, Magnum_don_boa said:

Pilot-Brother-s-Keeper-miami-vice-20348165-800-600.jpg

This one is actually a shirt. You might be able to find one of similar dark blue colour with grey stripes if you look hard. Shirts are so much easier to find than blazers/jackets. 

I remember COPPER&BURNETT found a shirt like this years ago.

What size blazer or sports coat do you wear?

I have 2 similar to the  one worn by Crockett New never worn.

I’m keeping size 40 other is 42

2209BCB7-CCA1-4B10-B3EC-162A2AFC8226.jpeg

BCA78713-2365-421A-BBA3-5AFB1EB98F44.jpeg

02C2A4A4-4703-4743-AACC-580FA97D5C91.jpeg

4949FBFE-EB2C-4B6F-86FF-C5FF3C4FA605.jpeg

Edited by MTVcops
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, squeezem3 said:

Unfortunately it seems to be tough to get a new decent Crockett-Style blazer nowadays. Everything is slim-fit and not really colorful. 

Where in Italy do you intend to go shopping? 

True!

I will maybe go to Milano. Hopefully I could find something there. 

On 11/12/2018 at 3:19 PM, MTVcops said:

I use 52 Eur, ca 42 US

Not to brag, but I have the same one, in size 40. I love it!

It's Howe Creative Workforce brand. Great for hot weather too since the lining is very minimal and is cotton/linen. The jacket is linen/cotton. It's pretty hard to find these and I got really lucky with it. Probably the closest you can find to the Heart of Darkness jacket.

Photo Nov 13, 9 18 50 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 13, 9 19 10 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 13, 9 19 21 PM.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, Dadrian said:

Cool. I could never get Coop to crack on the designers (or his head :) )

Dadrian you should look in the archives for "Coops" thread. He always posted pics of the jackets on a hanger, one with him wearing it and of course his head was always cropped off (the mysterious headless horseman) and one of the tag and it was clear who made it as you could see the "Armani"tag sewn right into the tag. Like I said \I have not seen the thread for years but |I am sure that Ferrariman brought it over from the old site.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, MTVcops said:

How much do You want for the 42?

2 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Dadrian you should look in the archives for "Coops" thread. He always posted pics of the jackets on a hanger, one with him wearing it and of course his head was always cropped off (the mysterious headless horseman) and one of the tag and it was clear who made it as you could see the "Armani"tag sewn right into the tag. Like I said \I have not seen the thread for years but |I am sure that Ferrariman brought it over from the old site.

Oh okay. Thanks. I thought I’d seen all those, and that he’d left the logos out purposely to ward off competitors in future bids/offers for similar items—at least that’s what he said when I asked him about the designers years ago. :birdie:

On 11/12/2018 at 3:33 AM, James said:

This one is actually a shirt. You might be able to find one of similar dark blue colour with grey stripes if you look hard. Shirts are so much easier to find than blazers/jackets. 

I remember COPPER&BURNETT found a shirt like this years ago.

Thank you very much. 

Though some of Crocketts shirts seem to have more of the style as a blazer. Like the one in "Bought And paid for". 

A shirt in "blazer-style" than shirt-style. 

Do you know if these types has a name? 

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture. 

x480-iVJ.jpg

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Magnum_don_boa said:

Thank you very much. 

Though some of Crocketts shirts seem to have more of the style as a blazer. Like the one in "Bought And paid for". 

A shirt in "blazer-style" than shirt-style. 

Do you know if these types has a name? 

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture. 

x480-iVJ.jpg

It's a deconstructed/unstructured linen blazer, I believe. Hardly anybody makes them these days though unfortunately, although I've seen a few around, they are very rare to come across, let alone with those patterns on it. The blazer worn here is definitely on my "list", if I could have one piece of Miami Vice clothing, it would be that.

You could probably go to a tailor and get one custom made. :)