Interior set used for the police station?

Assasinge

Hello all, I've recently taken up learning to use Unreal Engine 4 and know some modeling in Autodesk's Maya and was thinking it'd be cool to to create the OCB inside of Maya and then use it inside of UE4. Problem is, I have no reference pictures to accurately depict the interior they used for the OCB in the show or whatnot, so I'm wondering if anyone here just happens to have pictures, maybe even a blueprint or top down view that can help me get a start on this. If not, that's fine.

I've also just started modeling Crockett's BrenTen inside of Maya, will post pics soon when I get some decent progress done. I've taken Crockett's model from the crap videogame for the PS2 and PC and remodel it inside of ZBrush to better look like Crockett. I don't know if it's possible but I have friends who are behind the game Goldeneye Source and was thinking it'd be nice if I could find people to put together a Miami Vice: Source game in the near future. If you're interested you can PM me about helping me out with this project! It's just a thought right now, but we gotta start somewhere lol

But yeah, would be appreciated if I could get the help needed to start designing the interior of the building. Cheers!

• Like 2

Well I sure can give a tip or two on this :)

image.thumb.png.d40c2cdc75bcb2816a5034407dbde3c1.png

I got a pretty decent base layed out for the OCB, and even some material for a video game pitch like this:

The project I've been working on is currently frozen until I can get into a university to study video game development, so it can be realized properly, hopefully soon :fireworks:

• Like 1

Oh looks like you beat me to it lol. Guess I can scratch that off my list and focus my work on the Bren Ten and the characters then.

36 minutes ago, Mark Zubenko said:

I got a pretty decent base layed out for the OCB, and even some material for a video game pitch like this:

The project I've been working on is currently frozen until I can get into a university to study video game development, so it can be realized properly, hopefully soon :fireworks:

I have an idea, if you're up for it. Since we both seem to be on the side of 3D modeling, do you wanna start a discord server for Miami Vice: The Fan Game? We could help each other out with our models and see if we can find people online who can help us get a start on this thing!

56 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

I have an idea, if you're up for it. Since we both seem to be on the side of 3D modeling, do you wanna start a discord server for Miami Vice: The Fan Game? We could help each other out with our models and see if we can find people online who can help us get a start on this thing!

That could work, I used to have a thread here and on the UE4 forums.

You got an artstation page or anything else like that?

Damn...looks like you have more experience than me in this type of thing. I'm only 17 and have recently gotten into this stuff for about almost a year now. I don't have a artstation but I can definitely set on up anyway. Sadly I don't think I'll be of much help for this project, at least not until i get out of college or during college, which I start this year. Still cool thing though! Licensing is an issue and it seems you've avoided that by being vague in your project details, not referring to any Vice characters or Vice itself. I had something like GE Source in mind, a fan game sort of but only revolving around Miami Vice at the moment. Really, the idea struck me after playing the god awful MV game for pc/ps2 lol. 

Maybe you could help me out in my modeling skills etc. or something though? 

Edited by Assasinge

32 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Damn...looks like you have more experience than me in this type of thing. I'm only 17 and have recently gotten into this stuff for about almost a year now. I don't have a artstation but I can definitely set on up anyway. Sadly I don't think I'll be of much help for this project, at least not until i get out of college or during college, which I start this year. Still cool thing though! Licensing is an issue and it seems you've avoided that by being vague in your project details, not referring to any Vice characters or Vice itself. I had something like GE Source in mind, a fan game sort of but only revolving around Miami Vice at the moment. Really, the idea struck me after playing the god awful MV game for pc/ps2 lol. 

Maybe you could help me out in my modeling skills etc. or something though? 

Licensing is the biggest problem that I can foresee, mainly with vehicles and music, but If it all comes down to that I'm sure I can find a solution.

That old game truly is a mess, hahah :sick:

I'm not a 3D modeler myself, but a 2D artist, digital painting, concept art, graphic design.

But I might have some pointers for you. And if I can find some spare time maybe even a paintover. I would need to take look at your works first of course.

1 minute ago, Mark Zubenko said:

Licensing is the biggest problem that I can foresee, mainly with vehicles and music, but If it all comes down to that I'm sure I can find a solution.

That old game truly is a mess, hahah :sick:

I'm not a 3D modeler myself, but a 2D artist, digital painting, concept art, graphic design.

But I might have some pointers for you. And if I can find some spare time maybe even a paintover. I would need to take look at your works first of course.

Hey thanks I appreciate it! I tried doing 2D work or art and it turned out okay but I just couldn't get much into it. So I turned to 3D and felt it better suited for me. But yeah that's be cool

33 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Hey thanks I appreciate it! I tried doing 2D work or art and it turned out okay but I just couldn't get much into it. So I turned to 3D and felt it better suited for me. But yeah that's be cool

Sure, no problem, feel free to contact!

great thread/ideas people. just wanted to say be careful with the game rights. it would be stupid to see it all fall down just because of some copyright issue. NBC tends to be particularly careful about the series rights. proof is the series on their site not authorized in France, and how fan made clips are often removed from Youtube

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

great thread/ideas people. just wanted to say be careful with the game rights. it would be stupid to see it all fall down just because of some copyright issue. NBC tends to be particularly careful about the series rights. proof is the series on their site not authorized in France, and how fan made clips are often removed from Youtube

Preach. One of my edits on youtube had a clip of Crockett from Deliver us From Evil (not the whole video was using it of course) and it got blocked the next day by NBC. Not even up a whole day. :(

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mark Zubenko said:

Looks really cool! Thanks for sharing.

19 hours ago, jpm1 said:

I agree - really great idea here.

I was daydreaming at work and imagining what a Rockstar games Miami Vice would be like, where you can traverse the open world of Miami doing missions and stuff, much like how you played as a cop in Sleeping Dogs. You could switch between Crockett and Tubbs like in GTAV or play it co-op:hippie:

They could throw money at Don Johnson and PMT to reprise their roles (and rest of the cast). Hell I'm sure they could get Jan Hammer to compose a little bit of new material if they wanted.

It would be so awesome but I guess MV doesn't have the same worldwide appeal as GTA or Red Dead so oh well.:(

no way it will happen. R* is too close to its money. they recently patched GTAIV radios, because the rights on some tracks were too costly (no joke). i recently learned something. when you borrow a brand of a song, or a car you need to renew regularly the rights. this is why Driver: San francisco is discontinued. the game featured lot of real life cars. plus i'm not sure a game in the 80s would work. i mean personnally i wouldn't be much interested in such game. the only chance to see a MV game, is that NBC decides to go for it. and if they do, they will use a limited budget. a descent Miami, and surroundings map will need years to develop, and thus money. check how huge is GTAV Los santos. it took them 5 years, with their budget to do it

• Like 1

Thought I'd share a little progress of the exterior OCB building from the show. Admittedly it's tough to get right because I don't have enough pictures to really get a good look at it's architecture, however I think I'm on the right track so far. I'm debating whether to slap textures windows onto the sides or actually create and model windows. Suppose it depends on whether this'll be used in a game or just some 3D asset with not enough screentime to notice any error. Believe me, you don't want to see what the inside looks like, it's a bit of a geometric mess right now lol.

2018-07-15_21h42_02.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jpm1 said:

no way it will happen. R* is too close to its money. they recently patched GTAIV radios, because the rights on some tracks were too costly (no joke). i recently learned something. when you borrow a brand of a song, or a car you need to renew regularly the rights. this is why Driver: San francisco is discontinued. the game featured lot of real life cars. plus i'm not sure a game in the 80s would work. i mean personnally i wouldn't be much interested in such game. the only chance to see a MV game, is that NBC decides to go for it. and if they do, they will use a limited budget. a descent Miami, and surroundings map will need years to develop, and thus money. check how huge is GTAV Los santos. it took them 5 years, with their budget to do it

Yeah you're most likely right but it would still be cool man. ;( I was thinking if they did another GTA then they could re-use assets to keep the cost down. I'm guessing liscencing music that's 35 years old is relatively cheaper than Lady Gaga songs in GTAV. Also they got the guy from Tangerine Dream (Frose?) to do some of the original music in that so getting Jan Hammer isn't too unrealistic. etc.

They could just use made up names for the cars and guns like in GTA and Lets not forget Rockstar made one of the best liscenced games ever "The Warriors". I think they could do the game if they desired but their more interested in shark cards these days.

• Administrators

I doubt Rockstar will ever make an official "Miami Vice" game, but don't give up all hope since I think there's a possibility of a new cop title as a LA Noire sequel. 80s Miami though? □ *Doubt* But one can hope and dream!

I think (or suspect) Leslie Benzies was the "Miami Vice and Scarface" guy at Rockstar, but now Leslie is no longer with Rockstar and has gone to do his own thing after some disputes and lawsuits. I'm not even sure if the future GTA games will be in the Michael Mann style and have Miami Vice references in terms of characters and music. 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, James said:

I doubt Rockstar will ever make an official "Miami Vice" game, but don't give up all hope since I think there's a possibility of a new cop title as a LA Noire sequel. 80s Miami though? □ *Doubt* But one can hope and dream!

I think (or suspect) Leslie Benzies was the "Miami Vice and Scarface" guy at Rockstar, but now Leslie is no longer with Rockstar and has gone to do his own thing after some disputes and lawsuits. I'm not even sure if the future GTA games will be in the Michael Mann style and have Miami Vice references in terms of characters and music. 

just read an article tonight saying that according to a Youtube channel that has 12 millions followers GTAVI was very likely to happen in Vice city. that it would feature South America map(s), and that it should be released around 2022. according to their source, which 'was' a R* employee. but it has to be taken for what it is, as if that channel already prooved they can find good infos, they also said wrong things sometimes. personnally i think next R* big step will be a Vice city map for GTAO. i mean it's long awaited stuff by the community, and i hardly see them make wait the community 4 more years, with GTAO in its actual state (too much PvP)

Leslie Benzies is defintely the man not to underestimate, but he has to deal with a big problem. find a good game engine

according to what i read LA noire 2 is not to happen anytime soon. they had lot of problems during the development. and R* didn't want to work with the studio who made the game anymore. but yeah if they decide to create a LA noire in old Miami, it could be real ccol, not to say awesome

btw if you like Mann atmosphere, maybe you should have a look at Ghost recon. misery 'narcos barrios' are pretty well made in that game. hope not hijacking that thread too much. sry if so

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, jpm1 said:

just read an article tonight saying that according to a Youtube channel that has 12 millions followers GTAVI was very likely to happen in Vice city. that it would feature South America map(s), and that it should be released around 2022. according to their source, which 'was' a R* employee. but it has to be taken for what it is, as if that channel already prooved they can find good infos, they also said wrong things sometimes. personnally i think next R* big step will be a Vice city map for GTAO. i mean it's long awaited stuff by the community, and i hardly see them make wait the community 4 more years, with GTAO in its actual state (too much PvP)

Leslie Benzies is defintely the man not to underestimate, but he has to deal with a big problem. find a good game engine

according to what i read LA noire 2 is not to happen anytime soon. they had lot of problems during the development. and R* didn't want to work with the studio who made the game anymore. but yeah if they decide to create a LA noire in old Miami, it could be real ccol, not to say awesome

btw if you like Mann atmosphere, maybe you should have a look at Ghost recon. misery 'narcos barrios' are pretty well made in that game. hope not hijacking that thread too much. sry if so

Yep, GTA VI is definitely happening in Vice City. They always put little "easter eggs" of where their next game is going to take place and GTA V has Vice City written all over it. I assume this YouTube Channel you are talking about is "The Know". I'm not a fan of them and would take that South America thing with a grain of salt. 

I've been wanting to try Ghost Recon Wildlands, but read that it was "always online", that's kind of turning me away. It's designed as a multiplayer co-op game, not sure if it'll be enjoyable solo. 

you can play in solo. the game was born solo actually. the multi DLC came out later. in solo you lead a group of 3 or 4 (don't remember) commandos. and to make it short your goal is to ruin the narco organization interests

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

you can play in solo. the game was born solo actually. the multi DLC came out later. in solo you lead a group of 3 or 4 (don't remember) commandos. and to make it short your goal is to ruin the narco organization interests

Ah alright. Sounds good. I might check it out then.