Assetto corsa

jpaul1

if you are a vicer, especially a male. you probably dreamt at least once to drive a fancy car, even for just a couple of hours.. i'm glad to tell you that now you can, for just a couple of bucks. i discovered that game recently, with the Steam summer sales. and that game is awesome. it's a realistic race oriented driving simulator. so don't espect park your car into your garage, and then sit and watch the sunset over Miami beach. but it's fun still. the cars are incredibly realistic whatever it's external or internal modelling, car behavior, or audio. sadly, you don't have any Testarossa, or Daytona. but there are lot of Ferrari, Lamborghini, or other Porsche (including very cool vintage), all accuratly modelled. to sum it up, that game is basically what you could get by renting a Lamborghini, except you don't have to take out the 35k euros guarantee. it's well optimized, no need of a NASA PC to run it. i uploaded a video yesterday showing in-game gameplay. best is to watch in 480 if you don't have a very fast connection

22 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

if you are a vicer, especially a male. you probably dreamt at least once to drive a fancy car, even for just a couple of hours.. i'm glad to tell you that now you can, for just a couple of bucks. i discovered that game recently, with the Steam summer sales. and that game is awesome. it's a realistic race oriented driving simulator. so don't espect park your car into your garage, and then sit and watch the sunset over Miami beach. but it's fun still. the cars are incredibly realistic whatever it's external or internal modelling, car behavior, or audio. sadly, you don't have any Testarossa, or Daytona. but there are lot of Ferrari, Lamborghini, or other Porsche (including very cool vintage), all accuratly modelled. to sum it up, that game is basically what you could get by renting a Lamborghini, except you don't have to take out the 35k euros guarantee. it's well optimized, no need of a NASA PC to run it. i uploaded a video yesterday showing in-game gameplay. best is to watch in 480 if you don't have a very fast connection

This is great - thanks for sharing.

I'm a console gamer and own a Mac. I was looking at Assetto Corsa awhile back for the PS4 but couldn't decide whether to get it or not. I already have Drive Club and a Logitech G29 steering wheel and need more racing games but if it's too demanding and the learning curve is too steep on driving sims I give up quickly. I nearly bought Gran Turismo Sport at Christmas but chickened out because I read a few bad reviews and seen it was a lot of multiplayer.

g29-racing-wheel.png.7f376056bc258b0b9af0061a8daec5e6.png

The racing games I generally enjoy more are arcade ones and the games Criterion made, Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed Most Wanted & Rivals but they're all last generation PS3 titles. The other Need for Speeds including the new ones were made by different studios and not good from what I've played. I like just being able to mess around and have your own music on. Unless it's Grand Theft Auto I immediately go into the settings and mute the included songs most of the time.

i play AC with a Steam controller. in AC it all depends of the level of assistance you put. if you disconnect all assistances (stability, traction), basically you will need an ultra accurate driving. which is impossible to achieve without high end stuff (wheel, eventually seat..). with the Steam controller i use more or less medium assistance which more or less equals to a standard irl car settings. personnally i don't understand why people buy consoles. i mean PC is so much powerful, and upgradable, so why buying these things ?(. man that game with a Testarossa or a Daytona is the ultimate vicer software :). there are a F40, a countach (not big fan of that car myself), and a Ferrari GTO though. and any dream car you can imagine, R8, 911 GT4, GT-R.. all fancy cars brands are represented except Bentley, Subaru, Dodge and, Mitsubishi

https://www.assettocorsa.net/cars/

• Administrators

I have a G27 and frequent racing simulators, almost a daily thing for me. I'm a hardcore racer/sim player. I do enjoy Assetto Corsa a lot though rFactor 2 is my "go to" sim.

I actually converted Vice City over to rFactor 2 a while ago. :p 

GRAB_010.jpg

GRAB_006.jpg

GRAB_009.jpg

I think someone might have brought it over to Assetto Corsa also.

• Like 2

made a couple of mods for GTAIV back in the years too. but i believe if you are a GTA player you already saw them N7jJ1P6.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buy the Burnout Paradise Remaster for my PS4 today. It's on sale in Europe and the right price now. It's ten years old but still a fantastic game. No licensed cars unfortunately but the gameplay is solid fun. You do get some nice cop cars and a fake Delorean, Ghostbuster vehicles too.

11 minutes ago, James said:

So it's fun? I got it for free over PS Plus a while ago but never downloaded it. 

It was free for PS3 wasn’t it? The remastered version is for the PS4. Yeah it’s really good and holds up well. I bought it in 2008 and got the platinum trophy for it. Some of the DLC I didn’t own. I have Spotify running and control what songs and playlists using my iPhone rather than the Guns & Roses soundtrack.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Marc said:

It was free for PS3 wasn’t it? The remastered version is for the PS4. Yeah it’s really good and holds up well. I bought it in 2008 and got the platinum trophy for it. Some of the DLC I didn’t own. I have Spotify running and control what songs and playlists using my iPhone rather than the Guns & Roses soundtrack.

Yes, correct. Still the same game though :) 

You might struggle to find an online game with the PS3 verison. The multiplayer is actually really good. It's an eight player free roam session and the host chooses for you to challenges. You rarely race against people. It's more just fooling about and has more in common with a skateboard game involving cars. There's three classes, stunt, aggression and speed. This is probably my favourite.

• Administrators

Just came across this mod for the PC version of Assetto Corsa, it's based on the original NFS game in the 90s. I bring it up because along with the legendary Lamborghini Diablo - It has a Ferrari 512TR in it, which is pretty much a Testarossa. 

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-a.16905/

Showroom_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_5-7-2018-18-20-26.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

yeah but with games of that level of realism mods scare me a bit to be honest. i'm scared of being disappointed :/. just bought Dirt rally a couple of days ago, and it's an awesome game too. assuming you love rally of course. it features lot of mythical cars. including one of my all time favorite, the 205 T16

310560_20180815203325_1.thumb.jpg.79260db331a87c082368d6b440c0da21.jpg

310560_20180815205513_1.thumb.jpg.615eba529ab66daa93bdf439c370ae6e.jpg

• Administrators

I love DiRT Rally. It's intense, was very difficult at first but then I learnt not to push so hard and just take it easy and smooth. :) 

I do love a bit of rally, watching WRC right now. :thumbsup:

Another good recent rally game is Sebastian Loeb Rally EVO, I feel like it's a bit underrated. The physics are kind of similar to DiRT Rally, but slightly less simulation, more accessible. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, James said:

was very difficult at first but then I learnt not to push so hard and just take it easy and smooth. :)

i thought i was the only one doing this :). actually rally cars are just beasts for the most. it's when you do like us, you go smooth , and then you play the replay, you actually realize how fast you were. 80s group B cars were nicknamed, the 'killing bees'. because of the number of pilots that died in these. they were just too powerful. so powerful that the racing authorities decided to put an end to that category. here's a vid i posted recently on GTA forums, where you see that rally racing is just another world

• Like 1

• Administrators

It's seriously impressive what they can do, how hard they can push in such a narrow space/environment on dirt and snow. I would've hit like 50 trees in that video. :) 

• Like 1

yeah i really don't know how they do. forgot to say also, that Assetto corsa competizione is scheduled for sept. 12th. will feature night, and rain cycles

On 7/22/2018 at 6:55 AM, James said:

I have a G27 and frequent racing simulators, almost a daily thing for me. I'm a hardcore racer/sim player. I do enjoy Assetto Corsa a lot though rFactor 2 is my "go to" sim.

I actually converted Vice City over to rFactor 2 a while ago. :p 

GRAB_010.jpg

GRAB_006.jpg

GRAB_009.jpg

I think someone might have brought it over to Assetto Corsa also.

Looks great! :hippie:

On 8/19/2018 at 6:37 AM, jpm1 said:

yeah i really don't know how they do. forgot to say also, that Assetto corsa competizione is scheduled for sept. 12th. will feature night, and rain cycles

Sept.12th that is cool - thanks pal!:cheers:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Assetto corsa competizione is available in early access at a very low price. after reading the good reviews, i couldn't resist. only 1 circuit, and only GT3 so far, but much more will be added with time. i see it as an investment