My Last

miamijimf

Here's a photo of me with Mickey Munday from Cocaine Cowboys. A friend took this snap during my last trip to Miami.Eingefügtes Bild

EXCELLENT! How do you find these people??P.S. Why are you wearing a RED shirt? That is not an authorized vice color. -COOP

Awesome pic! How did you manage to bump into Mr. Munday?He was possibly the basis for the Glen Frey character in Smuggler's Blues.Anyway Great pic. Thanks for sharing

EXCELLENT! How do you find these people??P.S. Why are you wearing a RED shirt? That is not an authorized vice color. -COOP

As it turns out we have a mutual friend in Miami who introduced me. Very friendly guy. I didn't seek him out.Sorry Coop I know I screwed up with the shirt color and will watch all Season One tonight as penance. :eek:

That is awesome! I need to see that movie, sounds like Blow.What's wrong with wearing red? Apart from the fact it's an earth tone... You tell me AFTER I have a whole drawer filled with Holden merchandise that's red!

Cocaine Cowboys is awesome. I highly recommend it. It's a must see for fans of Miami Vice, Scarface and Vice City

I think he meant Red for Men. For women its OK! Did any women in MV appear in red?

Maybe quite a few, but I was probably looking at the men.Not that I'd wear a red shirt with my white pants and blazer...

Cocaine Cowboys is awesome. I highly recommend it. It's a must see for fans of Miami Vice' date=' Scarface and Vice City[/quote']You can watch the movie (documentary) on Youtube even though some versions have been deleted for "copyright reasons." The film is also on DVD of course. Its true that drug money had a lot to do with funding Miami's late 20th Century building boom. The movie Cocaine Cowboys touches on the drug-building connection and explains why all that capital was available. It documents the drug and crime problems of the city from the perspective of the crime kingpins and some of the cops. Its essential as a background for Scarface and Vice. And it has a Jan Hammer score. According to Mickey he will be played by Leonardo DiCaprio in a new Cocaine Cowboys movie. I just noticed it will be an HBO mini-series.

"No red or earth tones" was MICHAEL MANN's motto.Although I'm sure I could find some red here and there, it's not an approved color. I saw skinny red ties in the series. Certainly red was factored in at times. My mind just doesn't register the red in the show, so it's hard to point out examples. I'll bet they eased on it a bit as the series progressed.Yes, anyone here who wants to wear red can. All that matters is that your a VICE fan. No need to take things to ultimate extremes like me.:)I'm just a traditionalist Vice fan who takes things quite litteraly. It's fun for me, and a good way to promote this site.It's amazing to me how you are able to meet these people! You are so lucky and so cool! Thankfully, you have a camera to share the photos with us! :clap:

Red ? What's wrong with red!

I think he meant Red for Men. For women its OK! Did any women in MV appear in red?

Well here in Hoosier country Every body wears red at one time or another men and women! (IU's colors are red & white or Crimson and Cream):)I'm half-way kidding. Actually I look awful in most colors of red, and of course Bright red and earth tones were banned for the first two seasons of Vice. but as a Nash Fan DJ wore red every once in awhile.:D

• 4 weeks later...
Well here in Hoosier country Every body wears red at one time or another men and women! (IU's colors are red & white or Crimson and Cream):)I'm half-way kidding. Actually I look awful in most colors of red' date=' and of course Bright red and earth tones were banned for the first two seasons of Vice. but as a Nash Fan DJ wore red every once in awhile.:D[/quote']The Nash -Man played by Don wore Jackets of every color - Red, Yellow, Brown, Orange, Burgundy etc etc .Crockett started to wear Red t-shirts once in a while by Season 4.

• 4 months later...

Crockett started to wear Red t-shirts once in a while by Season 4.

Crockett did not wear a red shirt. I believe I know the shirts that you are referring to, and they were bright pink, or "hot pink", but not red.

Crockett did not wear a red shirt. I believe I know the shirts that you are referring to' date=' and they were bright pink, or "hot pink", but not red.[/quote']In "Vote of Confidence" in Season 4 -Crockett wore a red shirt in that episode , definately not bright or hot pink, but a pretty standard red.I remember as its the first time I saw him in that particular color in MV.:)

• Administrators

Didn't Sonny wear a red or orange T-shirt at the very beginning of "Give A Little, Take A Little"?

The Nash -Man played by Don wore Jackets of every color - Red' date=' Yellow, Brown, Orange, Burgundy etc etc .Crockett started to wear Red t-shirts once in a while by Season 4.[/quote']Crockett wore a red shirt in "One way ticket" and later in "Freefall", "Knock knock who´s there" and several other eps. In season 5, Tubbs and Crockett wore once a brown jacket (Tubbs in "Borrasca" and Crockett in "Freefall"). Thus I would not go too big on MM´s color code.

• Administrators
Didn't Sonny wear a red or orange T-shirt at the very beginning of "Give A Little' date=' Take A Little"?[/quote']Eingefügtes Bild

Crockett wore a red shirt in "One way ticket" and later in "Freefall"' date=' "Knock knock who´s there" and several other eps. In season 5, Tubbs and Crockett wore once a brown jacket (Tubbs in "Borrasca" and Crockett in "Freefall"). Thus I would not go too big on MM´s color code.[/quote']The shirt in One Way Ticket was bright pink or salmon or something, not red. Frankly, I don't know what an earth tone is. Why is red an earth tone but not pink?As for those S5 eps, that isn't really Miami Vice.One sign they did adhere to the rule is that there weren't any red cars, which is striking given how many flashy sports cars they featured in the show.

I agree with tom71 about no going too big on MMs color code - there were several times Crockett wore red and brown.I mean in Season 5 with the ripped jeans and sport jackets was perhaps one of the best looks for Crockett in the entire Series - episodes that come to mind are "Bad Timing" and "Freefall".