The perpetual MV effect

S.FL84

I think its definitely arguable that the current state of South Beach was created in 1984 by MV.  If I'm wrong someone please point out what set into motion what changed South Beach from a rundown area of town into a world class hotspot?  

This video from 1986, is an example of the positive influence the TV show had on South Beach by Gloria Estefan, who had lived there for 27 years. 

At 14.23 min. 

Another video talks about South Beach's revitalization:

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

This video from 1986, is an example of the positive influence the TV show had on South Beach by Gloria Estefan, who had lived there for 27 years. 

At 14.23 min. 

Another video talks about South Beach's revitalization:

So MV, government, and drug money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

So MV, government, and drug money. 

It seems so. :thumbsup: I believe MV played a part in changing the city, but it looks like from the second video it wasn't the solely factor. It might be what started it and then the rest came along with it. 

Edited by summer84

i'm really curious to see how Miami has gone nowadays. i'll probably have to go to Miami for my job. don't know when. maybe in autumn. without going politics, and just enumerating a fact, immigration played a major role in Miami greatness. @ 3:45 of second vid, it's seems an advert made for narcos in look for money laundring lol

@Dadrian: good answer :)

• Like 2