All You Need Is Vice Podcast

Bren10

Interesting!  I listened to the podcast on Golden Triangle (part 1).  I felt like it took a long time for them to get going with commentary on the actual episode, but they did have some interesting things to say, and as a non-Millennial, I found the POV of the panel members interesting as well. 

• Like 1

I really would like to hear people's thoughts on their take on No Exit.  There's a lot there I don't agree with but also didn't consider which I think is partly a generational thing.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:38 AM, vicegirl85 said:

Interesting!  I listened to the podcast on Golden Triangle (part 1).  I felt like it took a long time for them to get going with commentary on the actual episode, but they did have some interesting things to say, and as a non-Millennial, I found the POV of the panel members interesting as well. 

It does take a little patience at times but I think its worth it.  There aren't many podcasts dedicated to MV unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

I really would like to hear people's thoughts on their take on No Exit.  There's a lot there I don't agree with but also didn't consider which I think is partly a generational thing.

I'll have to go back and listen to that one.  Maybe tonight :) 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I listened to (some) of the Give a Little, Take a Little (mostly I skipped to near the end!).  Agree, it's interesting to hear the perspective of these young people who probably weren't born when MV first aired.  I didn't think the group got the nuances of the famous 35-second stare, but only one of them had watched it twice.  Overall I still found the pace and direction of the podcast hard to take.  But I'll listen to them again :) 

50 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I listened to (some) of the Give a Little, Take a Little (mostly I skipped to near the end!).  Agree, it's interesting to hear the perspective of these young people who probably weren't born when MV first aired.  I didn't think the group got the nuances of the famous 35-second stare, but only one of them had watched it twice.  Overall I still found the pace and direction of the podcast hard to take.  But I'll listen to them again :) 

You had to be immersed in the '80's to appreciate MV and these guys are trying, but they can't possibly understand what it was like. Still, it's interesting to hear their perspective!

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I like can't stand like all the likes and like stuff like it like makes my head like hurt and stuff.

They probably have some points in there somewhere, but the presentation is painful. At least to me. An hour of it? Not after a day of meetings with people who use like every third word and don't understand that you shouldn't use literally like literally every other word.

7 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

I like can't stand like all the likes and like stuff like it like makes my head like hurt and stuff.

They probably have some points in there somewhere, but the presentation is painful. At least to me. An hour of it? Not after a day of meetings with people who use like every third word and don't understand that you shouldn't use literally like literally every other word.

You said it, pal!

I listened to the new one (Home Invaders) yesterday, and have tried several previous ones, although I don't believe I managed to finish the others.  They have some interesting and fresh viewpoints (even if I don't fully agree with them, LOL!) but the incessant giggling and sloppy speaking habits are annoying to listen to for an hour.  Reminds me of one of the more annoying talk-radio acts who thought they were so funny and giggled every 5 seconds.  Literally ;)

I will probably try a few more.  LIke Bren10 said, Vice podcasts don't grow on trees.  But those will have to be really special episodes for me to use up another hour of my life.  I'd much rather watch the actual ep or read a good fanfic instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vicegirl85 said:

You said it, pal!

I listened to the new one (Home Invaders) yesterday, and have tried several previous ones, although I don't believe I managed to finish the others.  They have some interesting and fresh viewpoints (even if I don't fully agree with them, LOL!) but the incessant giggling and sloppy speaking habits are annoying to listen to for an hour.  Reminds me of one of the more annoying talk-radio acts who thought they were so funny and giggled every 5 seconds.  Literally ;)

I will probably try a few more.  LIke Bren10 said, Vice podcasts don't grow on trees.  But those will have to be really special episodes for me to use up another hour of my life.  I'd much rather watch the actual ep or read a good fanfic instead.

Yes good literal points here @vicegirl85 :cheers::)

3 hours ago, Bren10 said:

But like c'mon, Robbie, get with it and stuff. Vice podcasts literally don't grow on trees, OK. 

Like sure, but that doesn’t mean I have to literally reward functional illiteracy with listens. And stuff. 
Seriously, I’m with Vicegirl. I might listen if I have nothing better to do and it’s an episode I’m interested in, but their presentation is so poor that’s it. 

• Like 1

Vicegirl also mentioned special episodes and for me those are literally coming soon. Especially if, like, they do season 2 and stuff.

Lol at "functional illiteracy" btw

Edited by Bren10
  • Like 1