'5512 and you' Millers introduction to Vice

Miller Hailiffe

Hello new friends

Like everyone here i live and breathe Vice, moreso today as theres no greater reality than immersing yourself in a time where smartphones are nowhere in sight and lil pump is still 18years from being able to harm anybody.

Anyway...im starting a collection of vintage sunglasses as a way of helping me quit smoking, here is my prized possession the 5512, i found these babies for 275.00 on ebay, great used condition and as close to DJs pair as i could find, however the lenses are slightly unusable, i need help on where to get some lenses(authentic  not fuse) i like the carrera text but have no idea what to look for? Are there interchangeable lenses from other 55** varients?

Thanks for any help

IMG_20180920_193241.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums. but 275$ for something out of order :eek:. anyways i'm not an expert, so i let other answer, and i wish you good luck

Welcome to the site, @Miller Hailiffe !

Congrats on quitting smoking!

A few of us here are into the shades. I have some Persols like season 3, the Wayfarers from all four other seasons, and the a few pairs of 5512s, but I’m still no expert on any of them. 

However, if you’ll send me a PM, I have some spare 5512 lenses with the Carrera logo you can have. :thumbsup:

Thanks team, yeah im starting a colection of iconic glasses from the 80s, mainly carrera as theyre a fascinating brand

Im gradually putting away a few dollars a week for some Alpinas, i could buy them now but cant justify dropping 600 in one hit lol

Heres a few more, the cleaning cloth/tag/400 sticker are fakes from a pair of fakes i bought on wish, lol, but it dresses it up

IMG_20180930_102832.jpg

IMG_20180930_103202.jpg

IMG_20180930_103055.jpg

IMG_20180930_104218.jpg

• Like 1