Church-- Under the Milky Way

mirrorimageegamirorrim

I heard a song today on SiriusXM 80's on 8 by a group called Church, titled "Under the Milky Way".  It was a great song and not one you hear them play very often.  It sounded very familiar and reminded me of something you would hear in season 5. Was this group or song ever featured in MV?   

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

I heard a song today on SiriusXM 80's on 8 by a group called Church, titled "Under the Milky Way".  It was a great song and not one you hear them play very often.  It sounded very familiar and reminded me of something you would hear in season 5. Was this group or song ever featured in MV?   

That is one of my all-time favorite songs, and yes it’s heard in “Asian Cut” in season 5. :clap:

• Like 2

They are a great Australian band and are still going.  Milky Way is their biggest mainstream hit, but they have a ton of great stuff.  Blood Money, from the same album Starfish, was featured in Heart of Night.

Edited by Bren10
  • Like 3

On 10/5/2018 at 9:56 PM, Dadrian said:

That is one of my all-time favorite songs, and yes it’s heard in “Asian Cut” in season 5. :clap:

Thank you for clearing that up.  When I heard it, it reminded me of the song from Heart of Night, which also turns out to be by this group.  I actually don't remember this particular song in Asian Cut.  I have to go back and listen for it.   

On 10/6/2018 at 4:18 AM, Bren10 said:

They are a great Australian band and are still going.  Milky Way is their biggest mainstream hit, but they have a ton of great stuff.  Blood Money, from the same album Starfish, was featured in Heart of Night.

Thanks for the info, pal. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Awesomeness. Love them. Have about 10 of their CDs. Under the Milky Way is on Starfish, I can’t give it a higher recommendation. Please grab yourself a copy!

FYI, the Church played a gig in London the other day and according to setlist.fm, they were supporting obscure but cool (sorry if they’re reading this) Vice band Fields of the Nephilim, what a surprise.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-church/2018/o2-shepherds-bush-empire-london-england-1b960dc4.html

FotN also had a song(s) in Vice which was very memorable for the vibe, “Vet for the Insane,” although I can’t remember which ep. right now.

Cheers, Vice bros and sisses.

The Nephilim aren't obscure if you're into goth.  They're actually pretty major in that scene.  They're pretty great also, but admittedly an acquired taste if you're not into that sort of thing.

Yeah, I’m realizing that. I checked them out on fb and noticed they have over 100k followers. Having looked up so many Vice featured acts, I was surprised they have such a huge base and I didn’t know. Cool.