Duran Duran Music for Miami Vice?

Den Taylor

Am 28.9.2018 um 19:04 schrieb Bren10:

Well Duran Duran wasn't used and I thought they would've been a shoo-in.  They even wore clothes like DJ.  And I'm not counting The Power Station or Andy Taylor as DD.

Good Point, Bren10! Duran Duran are one of my all time favorite bands. They sure had the Miami Vice like fashion style! 
I'm trying to  think of songs that would have fitted and to be honest, I'm not so sure as far as their pre 85-stuff is concerned...
and think about it, DD was already in the process of splitting up by the time MV was going on. Hence you got the Power Station gig but no DD. Shame, they also should have used the other side project that came out of the DD split: Arcadia. Here is a song by them that could have worked.? (This is the extended version)

When Duran Duran partly reunited in 1986 there weren't really mainstream anymore and their music became more experimental. I can think of several songs and remixes from the Notorious (1986) and Big Thing (1988) era that could have been a fit. What do you guys think?

This one would have worked really well IMO with the fat bass line and sexual theme. I have to think of Little Miss Dangerous and the girl from Definitely Miami. ;-)

There are lots of cool versions of this song that one could pick from!
The US master mix for instance has almost the exact same conga drum sequence that Jan has on some of his MV songs! It also has some type of sirens. :D

This one is obvious with its lyrics:

The original version (not on the album) is rawer and funkier so might be a better fit. I like both though. :) 

Do you have any DD-suggestions yourself Bren10? 

Edited by Den Taylor
  • Thanks 1