Hello from a Vice Freshie in his 30s!

squeezem3

Hello Miami Vice addicts!

Time to become a member of this great community after getting so many awesome informations and inspirations about this unique show from here! Thanks, guys!

A little bit about myself... I was born in former east Germany in 1986, and since my earliest childhood I was always obsessed with the 80s decade. The movies, the music, the cars, the whole lifestyle of a time without all this PC and uninspired "innovations" from nowadays.

Although I loved the 80s in general, but also particularly art deco, the pastel color style, even after playing Vice City as a teenager I never watched Miami Vice. Well, I watched the movie in 2006, but better don't get into that. Disappointing.   

The evenings in autumn get longer, so last week I finally decided to give MV a shot, and started with the pilot. What can I say? It blows my mind! The chemistry between DJ and Philip Michael Thomas, exciting story lines like from that episode or "Evan", cinematic camera drives, the fashion, too much to name everything! I'm quite happy I can still watch many episodes without knowing them already! :) Already in the middle of season 2 after such short period of time, though. 

Big props to the community for keeping the spirit alive for so long, even for living the style without caring whether it's out or not. I will do my best to help to make sure this forum doesn't die.

Still, among all these nostalgic feelings, we should not be sad about this magical time being over. Life is always now and here and it's too damn short to complain! And, of course, no matter if it's 1985, 2018, or 2030 - it's up to us to keep the spirit in our hearts and make it continue somehow.

I like to wear bright Chino pants instead of jeans, henley shirts instead of polos, and white slippers instead of sneakers anyway since ages, so it's not gonna be tough to implement a little more Vice style into my everyday life. Next step: white linen jacket and some nice Wayfarer glasses!

Catch ya later pals! 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Hey welcome to the site, @squeezem3!

Check in with us often. Let me know if you ever need any help with Miami Vice music. 

Thanks buddy! For now I found myself two playlists on Spotify. Do you think they are complete? 

Miami Vice Soundtrack - All Music by Sonny Crockett

Miami Vice: All Seasons by Michael Flaminio

As we all know, Spotify music you never really own. Have you bought CDs or Vinyls over the years? 

@squeezem3 I’m letting you down, right out of the gate. :) 

I don’t have Spotify, but some playlists like that have been discussed here—maybe even made by someone here. I want to say the ones they discussed were missing a couple of really hard to find songs, but maybe that’s all been resolved by now. Hopefully, one of the Spotify experts will chime in here. Meanwhile, feel free to do a “Spotify” search on the forum. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the site!   It's good to see some young blood getting involved!  Let me know what hard to find songs you're looking for. I might be able to point you in the right direction! ;)

• Like 1

Welcome to the premier Miami Vice website pal. We are glad that you have joined. There are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly members here. When I read your post, I kept hearing The Scorpions playing in my head. :)

Edited by Scot from S.C.
Typo
  • Like 1

It's a pleasure to welcome you to this site, squeezem3 ! :thumbsup: We need more new fans of Miami Vice to bring up topics we haven't explored yet. As Ferrariman & Scot from S.C. said , there are many members on here who can help you with songs and other facts about our favorite show. Enjoy ! :cheers:

• Like 1

Amazing community! :rolleyes:

Without a doubt there were many good shows back in the 80s, but what makes Miami Vice so unique is the fact it characterized this decade more than the 80s characterized Miami Vice. It even kinda re-invented color TV. Possibly a reason why there's still a large and active community - about a show which hasn't aired a new episode for almost 30 years. I haven't checked, but I don't think there's anything similar for "The Fall Guy" - just for example. 

I know quite a few people, who watch the show occasionally, it's far away from being forgotten. But ofc, not everyone likes to do research and socializing through online forums. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...