Crockett's facial/body hair

BunMVO

Hey everybody. What are your thoughts on Crockett's facial/body hair? I can't help but notice how bare-chested he is. Did he get it waxed or is Don Johnson really just that hairless?

38653882_1484038608408828_837208050564145802_n.jpg.f878ac13d68087fbacbfa09b51cf0dec.jpg

And then, why does his facial hair grow in like just around the jaw and mouth area? It eventually comes in more but it's much noticeably lighter growth everywhere else on his face. Is that just how his facial hair was or did he shave his cheeks/neck and let that grow in for a few days while his goatee area remained longer?

22172007gp.thumb.jpg.dfeeb97800bab81cbea5e3f2dbd7ec22.jpg

One more thing. Am I the only one who prefers Crockett's clean-shaven look he had sometimes in Season 1? I thought he looks best with a smoothly shaven face, although the stubble looks as good on him as it could on any guy.

08d244180035b4e31cb7305f53cd08fc.thumb.jpg.7bc219091c591776afe452c36576874c.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

His chest does look pretty smooth for a man. I'm guessing that he did wax, because recent shots of him I think he does have some grey chest hairs. And it wasn't unusual for men to wax their torsos in the 80s. 

I prefer the clear, shaven look as well. He has no equally growing stubble, same goes for me. There are always some clear spots. When it comes to body hair, I'd bet it's waxed or shaven on the same day when this photo was taken. This is unnaturally smooth for a man of this age. Even for someone with not much body hair by nature. 

6 hours ago, James said:

His chest does look pretty smooth for a man. I'm guessing that he did wax, because recent shots of him I think he does have some grey chest hairs. And it wasn't unusual for men to wax their torsos in the 80s. 

Yeah, probably. Makes you wonder if Don Johnson's boyish hairlessness was what caused some women to prefer Tom Selleck in term of looks. Tom Selleck definitely was a "manly man" but Don Johnson looked sleek af.

4 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

I prefer the clear, shaven look as well. He has no equally growing stubble, same goes for me. There are always some clear spots. When it comes to body hair, I'd bet it's waxed or shaven on the same day when this photo was taken. This is unnaturally smooth for a man of this age. Even for someone with not much body hair by nature. 

See, me I almost wish my stubble would grow in the same way as his so when I don't have time to shave some days I could look more like him, but then I don't because although his is symmetrical, it defiinitely has more growth. Mine grows in almost perfectly evenly except for a small spot under my chin so I guess I got lucky with that in a way. I could definitely grow a great beard if I wanted to, but I just don't like the look of facial hair. I'm clean-shaven, always have been, always will be. I don't understand the appeal of it either. Every guy who wants facial hair but can't grow it would probably hate me since my beard grows in thick, fast and full yet I shave it every day, eh what are you gonna do.

As for Don Johnson... I guess it's just genetics. Genetics are a weird thing.

Exactly my opinion. Plus, once you passed the age of 30, there's actually no point in looking older on purpose anymore. ;( And beards make look older, even if it's just a stubble. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's not something, I really thought about, other than I thought, he was naturally hairless. But these pictures show, he had some chest hair, it could have maybe become fuller and darker from all these years of shaving in this pic: 

don-johnson-shirtless-vintage-1985_1_a248da0923048491d770da9f8fe30a91.thumb.jpg.50641a3b173c99b0bc5c91f3e70a7d3e.jpg

I think this is from the movie, The Long Hot Summer back in 1985. Of course this is in no way an excuse to post some pictures of Don Johnson shirtless. :):) 

Besides that, he is one of those people/actors/celebrities, who still keeps himself in great shape in this age almost reaching 70. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, summer84 said:

It's not something, I really thought about, other than I thought, he was naturally hairless. But these pictures show, he had some chest hair, it could have maybe become fuller and darker from all these years of shaving in this pic: 

don-johnson-shirtless-vintage-1985_1_a248da0923048491d770da9f8fe30a91.thumb.jpg.50641a3b173c99b0bc5c91f3e70a7d3e.jpg

I think this is from the movie, The Long Hot Summer back in 1985. Of course this is in no way an excuse to post some pictures of Don Johnson shirtless. :):) 

Besides that, he is one of those people/actors/celebrities, who still keeps himself in great shape in this age almost reaching 70. 

Yeah he does take care of himself. He's one of those lucky guys who has been able to keep all his hair too, and it looks great on him. In recent pictures, he still has mostly the same hairstyle. It's a look I've been trying to achieve. I've been experimenting with blowdrying, mousse, the whole nine. I'll get it down eventually. My hair is similar in texture, thickness, and color.

It looks like his chest hair does exist, it's just very light and he probably waxed it sometimes. I've thought briefly about trying to get that bare-chested look also, because it looks a little off when I wear the look but you can see my dark chest hair, but ultimately decided against it. I guess I'd rather embrace my masculinity and it would be way too much work to shave or wax my chest.

I would love to have a one-on-one interview with the man himself and ask him some questions. I'd probably ask about his diet and what he does to stay in shape too. Unlikely that I'd ever get to meet him, but a man can dream!

• 2 years later...
On 11/14/2018 at 3:50 PM, squeezem3 said:

Exactly my opinion. Plus, once you passed the age of 30, there's actually no point in looking older on purpose anymore. ;( And beards make look older, even if it's just a stubble. 

Couldn't agree more!!!!! Yet you see DJ with that grey stubble and  as for PMT!  Come on , guys , do you really want to look your age/older than it in your  70s??

On 12/2/2018 at 12:38 AM, summer84 said:

Looks good but always has a bit of a "bosom" to me :) There are women who'd envy that shape...