Happy Birthday, Don Johnson !

Tony D.

Yes, he's the reason most of us are big fans of Miami Vice ……………..Don Johnson !! :clap: :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, and we all wish you a very Happy Birthday and many, many more to come ! :cake: :cheers: :gift: :balloon: :fireworks:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So whats up Don?  Two questions....when will we have that MV original remake and when will you grant a miamiviceonline interview, pal?

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, summer84 said:

Happy Birthday to the wonderful Don! :happy: :fireworks::balloon: Looking great at 69! 

1109025341_DonJohnsonBookClubNewYorkScreeningn7uAWY-Hk-Ol.jpg.6b863d5ae13c5d320247216b5eb4a226.jpg

886058740_DonJohnsonBookClubNewYorkScreeningsCAHOnO4q-ll.jpg.d0687282bc042d0b4e3cb797ada8acbf.jpg

1564600069_DonJohnsonPremiereHBOJaneFondaFiveActsNgQrW433hT_l(1).jpg.a6d198ad68e107656e37bfd10c47dbde.jpg

May and September 2018

2016 Birthday

DJ looks much younger without the beard!

i find him pretty sharp if you ask me, with or without beard. heck, if he likes the beard let him have it :) :thumbsup:

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 6:58 AM, Tony D. said:

Yes, he's the reason most of us are big fans of Miami Vice ……………..Don Johnson !! :clap: :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, and we all wish you a very Happy Birthday and many, many more to come ! :cake: :cheers: :gift: :balloon: :fireworks:

Just great Tony - great post for great Don.

16 hours ago, summer84 said:

Happy Birthday to the wonderful Don! :happy: :fireworks::balloon: Looking great at 69! 

1109025341_DonJohnsonBookClubNewYorkScreeningn7uAWY-Hk-Ol.jpg.6b863d5ae13c5d320247216b5eb4a226.jpg

886058740_DonJohnsonBookClubNewYorkScreeningsCAHOnO4q-ll.jpg.d0687282bc042d0b4e3cb797ada8acbf.jpg

1564600069_DonJohnsonPremiereHBOJaneFondaFiveActsNgQrW433hT_l(1).jpg.a6d198ad68e107656e37bfd10c47dbde.jpg

May and September 2018

2016 Birthday

Fantastic posts from Kelley Johnson.

• Like 1

I ended up wishing him a belated happy birthday in the wrong thread but I just want to take the time out here to really thank Don from the bottom of my heart for bringing a character like Crockett alive and something every man fantasizes about being even in this age. When I first discovered the show, although I didn't have the privilege of seeing it as a kid as I'm sure most of you guys have but I was lucky enough to have stumbled across it online and get curious about it, and decided to give the pilot a shot.

Man I was not expecting all that. It had everything I loved, the clothes, the atmosphere, the music and the characters stood out to me almost immediately, especially Crockett. And so I binge watched it till the finish and although the show may have lost direction towards the latter seasons, I still very much enjoyed it because of the people, music etc. I was a sophomore in high school actually when I started watching and it was the worst year I had, my depression really reached its peak and I was failing almost all my classes, even going so far as to consider suicide as a way out. But this show, something about it just had me clinging on. Seeing a guy like Crockett who would appear as the macho, superman know it all but he lost his friends in line of fire, he witnessed victims commit suicide and it left him distraught, it changed his character and left an impact on just about everyone. It gave me hope and something to look forward, a smile everytime he delivered a funny line or acted snazzy, or just whooped the crap out of a baddie. It immersed me in a way I've never felt before and I felt like I was part of their universe, like I knew them but I sadly did not. I guess this show kind of saved me, in some ways I never imagined it could. I personally don't like the cliche of "Oh this tv show stopped me from killing myself!" but this might be the one time I can make an exception here.

Of course I'd also like to thank the cast for being part of this beautiful process but since it's Don's birthday, this one goes out to him. Happy Birthday.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

I ended up wishing him a belated happy birthday in the wrong thread but I just want to take the time out here to really thank Don from the bottom of my heart for bringing a character like Crockett alive and something every man fantasizes about being even in this age. When I first discovered the show, although I didn't have the privilege of seeing it as a kid as I'm sure most of you guys have but I was lucky enough to have stumbled across it online and get curious about it, and decided to give the pilot a shot.

Man I was not expecting all that. It had everything I loved, the clothes, the atmosphere, the music and the characters stood out to me almost immediately, especially Crockett. And so I binge watched it till the finish and although the show may have lost direction towards the latter seasons, I still very much enjoyed it because of the people, music etc. I was a sophomore in high school actually when I started watching and it was the worst year I had, my depression really reached its peak and I was failing almost all my classes, even going so far as to consider suicide as a way out. But this show, something about it just had me clinging on. Seeing a guy like Crockett who would appear as the macho, superman know it all but he lost his friends in line of fire, he witnessed victims commit suicide and it left him distraught, it changed his character and left an impact on just about everyone. It gave me hope and something to look forward, a smile everytime he delivered a funny line or acted snazzy, or just whooped the crap out of a baddie. It immersed me in a way I've never felt before and I felt like I was part of their universe, like I knew them but I sadly did not. I guess this show kind of saved me, in some ways I never imagined it could. I personally don't like the cliche of "Oh this tv show stopped me from killing myself!" but this might be the one time I can make an exception here.

Of course I'd also like to thank the cast for being part of this beautiful process but since it's Don's birthday, this one goes out to him. Happy Birthday.

You have a family here too!  Any time you want to discuss anything, please message me!  Take care, brother :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Amazing post :cheers:

• Like 1