The Cinema of Michael Mann

chum981

15 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

MM has a fame....but i dont feel hes so genius as ppl say....speciailly after the Miami Vice remake....piece of garbage...

Because of his great films in the 80s & 90s, and early 2000 Collateral. 

He is one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, up there with Scorsese.

OK Miami Vice remake didn't agree with some, but just because you make a film that people don't agree with does that mean you forget the great film he has did? its like saying Scorsese isn't all that because he made a poor film in the 90s, lets say Cape Fear for example does that mean we forget about Raging Bull and Taxi Driver? of course not. Directors are allowed to go of course sometimes.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

That movie with mv "brenda" its like if they  allow crockett, tubbs and the action take vacations. Just watchable. Rhd is another crap. Mv movie seems it was supported by some door maker company in tribute to colin farrel acting.  Genius? Lol.  :)

11 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

That movie with mv "brenda" its like if they  allow crockett, tubbs and the action take vacations. Just watchable. Rhd is another crap. Mv movie seems it was supported by some door maker company in tribute to colin farrel acting.  Genius? Lol.  :)

Robbery Homicide Division was a solid show, its a shame it got canceled.

I just think Mann has made more than enough great films to be considered one of the best in the business.

Edited by RedDragon86

33 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Robbery Homicide Division was a solid show, its a shame it got canceled.

I just think Mann has made more than enough great films to be consider one of the best in the business.

I loved “Robbery Homicide Division” RedDragon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...