Vice clothes for sale

BunMVO

Hi guys, I’m really into the Vice style and I’m wondering if anyone here has any Vice-style clothing that they are interested in selling. I’m looking to really up my style this summer, and I’m getting so excited. That’s how you know I’m a total and complete dork. 

My question to all you is that do you have any pieces of clothing that you don’t wear and would be enjoy making a fellow Vice fan very happy by putting them in very good hands? I would by all means appreciate the clothes for what they are and enjoy them as such. I’m especially interested in sportcoats. The ones with little to no lining that are lightweight. I also really like the flashy geometric patterns and stuff. Maybe this can be kind of a little marketplace and we could share eBay links.

This may be a shot in the dark because I know many of us here are very interested in collecting and wearing these items, but I figure it’s worth a try.

Funny, I've got the exact same idea of a thread about it here lately, but then figured it's useless, as the actual marketplace section in this forum is dead. However, I hope you can catch some nice finds! 

When it comes to sport coats, I haven't had much luck on ebay yet. It was either over priced, in bad condition, or in a completely wrong size (got 50EU which is comparable to L in US). BUT there is hope. I got two linen blazers in Bangkok during my holidays recently at a custom tailor. They can make you any blazer you want. Fabrics, cut, color, lining,...all up to you in great quality for roughly 1/3 of what we'd pay in a western country. And it fits you perfectly, of course. You just need your exact measurements and then you order by email and they'll ship worldwide. 

Lately I found some nice Henleys online https://www.basefield.de/henley-shirt-royal.html and for linen pants and loafers I ordered on Cubavera. But they seem to be slower than a turtle. 

Edited by squeezem3

2 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

Funny, I've got the exact same idea of a thread about it here lately, but then figured it's useless, as the actual marketplace section in this forum is dead. However, I hope you can catch some nice finds! 

When it comes to sport coats, I haven't had much luck on ebay yet. It was either over priced, in bad condition, or in a completely wrong size (got 50EU which is comparable to L in US). BUT there is hope. I got two linen blazers in Bangkok during my holidays recently at a custom tailor. They can make you any blazer you want. Fabrics, cut, color, lining,...all up to you in great quality for roughly 1/3 of what we'd pay in a western country. And it fits you perfectly, of course. You just need your exact measurements and then you order by email and they'll ship worldwide. 

Lately I found some nice Henleys online https://www.basefield.de/henley-shirt-royal.html and for linen pants and loafers I ordered on Cubavera. But they seem to be slower than a turtle. 

Great information Thankyou!

7 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

Nice find there and thanks for the info. Those henleys are actually quite close to the style, a lot of henley shirts have a ridiculously long placket. Thanks a lot!

On 1/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, squeezem3 said:

Does this tailor have a website?  Any way to contact him without having to travel to Bangkok?  Thanks. I believe we would all like to see what he had created for you. Please posts pictures.  

56 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Does this tailor have a website?  Any way to contact him without having to travel to Bangkok?  Thanks. I believe we would all like to see what he had created for you. Please posts pictures.  

No big deal. There are two of them I can recommend by experience. http://emporiumtailors.com/ is where I bought the blue blazer down below. I can post more detailed photos of it tomorrow. The second one is basically the same, just in a light grey. Cannot take photos of it yet, because it is at my mom´s place. She knows better than me how to iron linen :p

Price  was Baht 6k each which should be roughly $180. I did not even try to negotiate, so there may be a chance to save a few percent. 

http://besttailorbangkok.com/ is where my friend went to. He was pretty happy with his suits and shirts. Their website looks also easier for ordering online. 

There are hundreds of tailors in BKK and many of them are pure ripoff, others deliver not exactly what they promise. As always, you get what you pay, so better dont choose the cheapest one. These two above will most likely  do a good job, I also found some more with good reviews on Google.

20181229_212833.jpg

• Like 2

That’s pretty neat, but I don’t have the kind of bread to afford custom tailoring or custom ordering. I just try to find deals when I can, I look on eBay and what have you and I’ve been able to find some really nice pieces, but they are far and few in between.

I am always looking for a few certain things: linen/cotton/silk (never synthetics or wool), solid or prints, and geometric patterns. And unconstructed and in pastels/gray/white. All in my size. They are extremely hard to find sometimes.

I was inspired to ask this question because of an old member of this site who posted “A 1986 blazer” (I think he’s still an active user) and I was like, I’d give my left nut, if you’ll pardon the expression, to have this and thought maybe someone had some old stuff that would be better donned by someone who has fully adopted the look:

6234482B-5B5B-4231-94E5-5BA1D542EAD5.jpeg

9 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

No big deal. There are two of them I can recommend by experience. http://emporiumtailors.com/ is where I bought the blue blazer down below. I can post more detailed photos of it tomorrow. The second one is basically the same, just in a light grey. Cannot take photos of it yet, because it is at my mom´s place. She knows better than me how to iron linen :p

Price  was Baht 6k each which should be roughly $180. I did not even try to negotiate, so there may be a chance to save a few percent. 

http://besttailorbangkok.com/ is where my friend went to. He was pretty happy with his suits and shirts. Their website looks also easier for ordering online. 

There are hundreds of tailors in BKK and many of them are pure ripoff, others deliver not exactly what they promise. As always, you get what you pay, so better dont choose the cheapest one. These two above will most likely  do a good job, I also found some more with good reviews on Google.

20181229_212833.jpg

Oh and by the way, that's an awesome look. I take it you've opted for the slim-cut cotton chinos rather than linen trousers?

2 hours ago, pmconroy said:

That’s pretty neat, but I don’t have the kind of bread to afford custom tailoring or custom ordering. I just try to find deals when I can, I look on eBay and what have you and I’ve been able to find some really nice pieces, but they are far and few in between.

I am always looking for a few certain things: linen/cotton/silk (never synthetics or wool), solid or prints, and geometric patterns. And unconstructed and in pastels/gray/white. All in my size. They are extremely hard to find sometimes.

I was inspired to ask this question because of an old member of this site who posted “A 1986 blazer” (I think he’s still an active user) and I was like, I’d give my left nut, if you’ll pardon the expression, to have this and thought maybe someone had some old stuff that would be better donned by someone who has fully adopted the look:

6234482B-5B5B-4231-94E5-5BA1D542EAD5.jpeg

I totally understand and agree. If you catch a blazer on ebay, it's at least an original vintage one from the old days, not a copy from a tailor. But I always failed in finding something decent. Maybe I didn't search correctly? Item location 'worldwide' condition 'used' then choosing men's fashion category and going for keywords like "vintage blazer", "linen sport coat", "summer blazer"....still...no luck. :( I'm wondering how COOP got his incredible collection, and was still able to catch great finds constantly until he stopped posting here. He seemed to find new stuff all the time, but as far as I know, never named the sources. 

2 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Oh and by the way, that's an awesome look. I take it you've opted for the slim-cut cotton chinos rather than linen trousers?

Thank you! First of all I love the style of this decade, and especially from Crockett in particular, but not that much the cut. It's sometimes just a little too crazily wide for me. And it's not my goal to look like a Crockett replica, so I primarily want to implement classic elements  like the pastels, blazers, slippers without wearing socks, and connect it with what I like from nowadays. Chino pants, for example. Trying to find my own way of wearing the style, I think that makes it easier to wear it with confidence in the everyday life. 

About linen pants in particular, I simply didn't own any when the photo was taken (a little more than a week ago), but meanwhile I found and ordered them at Cubavera. I will wear it from time to time, but still I like modern chinos, as long as they're not too slim-fit. Plus, linen pants don't seem to be available in any other color like white, beige or grey. But it's easy to get a light blue chino. Or a rose-colored one ;)

Edited by squeezem3

To each his own, but I really dig the relaxed and casual fit of Crockett and I try to imitate it myself. Also, that was a way to deal with the heat in Miami. That's part of what I look for when picking out Crockett-esque clothes to add to my spring/summer wardrobe - I like the classic fit and relaxed look which isn't restrictive. I'm not heavy, I'm in good shape, but I like the fit and the way it looks. It really does help you stay cool in the dog days of summer. Looks super dated but that's okay, I'm a dork and I rock it like no other.

I remember reading from a previous post that you are from Germany. In that case, it might make more sense for you. I think that Central Europe has milder temperatures in the summer. I live in a mid-continental climate in southeastern Minnesota in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and our summers can get sweltering hot, especially in July and August, so it's also a way to deal with the heat. It's not as severe as Miami of course. I went to Miami lust July and I was sweating bullets in the middle of the night of course in my Crockett getup. But the clothes don't make you as warm as you'd think. If anything, it's just a way to keep you from burning to a crisp in the sun.

I also plan on moving to Florida in the next few years, so it will benefit me to have clothes that will be suitable. And at 21 I think I'm pretty much done growing. It's funny because I have almost the same measurements as Don Johnson. I'm 5'10.5" and 187 lbs. I think he was lighter than that, but I intend on losing more weight. I'm gonna look great this summer, getting down to 173-175 or so. Now I'm just getting off-topic, sorry for the mouthful :D

We'll see, maybe I'll fall in love with the relaxed linen pants style once they arrive, time will tell. The most important part is always that you're totally comfortable and confident in whatever you wear and that it sort of underlines your individual style. Crockett and Tubbs weren't style icons only because of their fashion, also because of the way they wore it. 

Well, 2018 offered us a pretty crazy summer by central european standards. Long periods of dry heat with many so called tropical nights (20C+ by definition). Who knows if it was an exception, perhaps it's possible to grow limes and palm trees at the Baltic sea coastline soon :D

Meanwhile I worked on my search strategy on eBay and found something interesting in my size. 100% linen. 

Screenshot_20190107-001319.png

Screenshot_20190107-001323.png

Screenshot_20190107-001342.png

4 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

We'll see, maybe I'll fall in love with the relaxed linen pants style once they arrive, time will tell. The most important part is always that you're totally comfortable and confident in whatever you wear and that it sort of underlines your individual style. Crockett and Tubbs weren't style icons only because of their fashion, also because of the way they wore it. 

Well, 2018 offered us a pretty crazy summer by central european standards. Long periods of dry heat with many so called tropical nights (20C+ by definition). Who knows if it was an exception, perhaps it's possible to grow limes and palm trees at the Baltic sea coastline soon :D

Meanwhile I worked on my search strategy on eBay and found something interesting in my size. 100% linen. 

Screenshot_20190107-001319.png

Screenshot_20190107-001323.png

Screenshot_20190107-001342.png

That's a nice find right there!

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable in it. I was self-conscious to wear it and felt like an idiot at first, but then I realized I needed to go full Crockett or no Crockett. And I've gotten nothing but compliments and smiles. And 68 degrees is hot to you? LMAO! Europe is definitely a colder place than America during the summer.

I agree! Ebay is always a bit of a gamble, I'll post photos of it once it arrives. Seller is from UK, so it may take a while.

Those were night temperatures, during the day it was more like 130 degrees. :)

Where did you find pants like the one you're wearing on your profile photo? 

6 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

I agree! Ebay is always a bit of a gamble, I'll post photos of it once it arrives. Seller is from UK, so it may take a while.

Those were night temperatures, during the day it was more like 130 degrees. :)

Where did you find pants like the one you're wearing on your profile photo? 

Lol! And I found those pants on eBay for $16. They’re Polo Ralph Lauren, made in Italy. Those were an absolute steal. There’s a small bleach stain I got on there somehow which is a damn shame.

I also suggest looking at Macy’s for Ralph Lauren linen dress pants. They have white, pink, and blue. They also have tan, black and navy but those don’t really work. I swear by these pants, they fit me perfectly. Same goes for the darker dress pants I wear in the winter of that brand. They’re usually around $30-$40 so pretty good deal too. I got two pairs of white linen RL pants for $50 once.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIAMI-VICE-1984-Universal-Studios-52-42-Linen-Cotton-Blend-Gray-Blazer-Jacket/352596848337?hash=item521868eed1:g:u40AAOSwkNFcacli

Very expensive double breasted grey striped linen blazer from Universal Studios for the enthusiastic collector....for sale at the bay. I wasn't even aware that Universal had released a collection of Vice clothes

Edited by daytona365

On 1/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, pmconroy said:

Lol! And I found those pants on eBay for $16. They’re Polo Ralph Lauren, made in Italy. Those were an absolute steal. There’s a small bleach stain I got on there somehow which is a damn shame.

I also suggest looking at Macy’s for Ralph Lauren linen dress pants. They have white, pink, and blue. They also have tan, black and navy but those don’t really work. I swear by these pants, they fit me perfectly. Same goes for the darker dress pants I wear in the winter of that brand. They’re usually around $30-$40 so pretty good deal too. I got two pairs of white linen RL pants for $50 once.

Macy's is where I got my RL white linen blazer, too. It was on clearance, but was really nice.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, daytona365 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIAMI-VICE-1984-Universal-Studios-52-42-Linen-Cotton-Blend-Gray-Blazer-Jacket/352596848337?hash=item521868eed1:g:u40AAOSwkNFcacli

Very expensive double breasted grey striped linen blazer from Universal Studios for the enthusiastic collector....for sale at the bay. I wasn't even aware that Universal had released a collection of Vice clothes

This guy is honestly out of his mind thinking he can get that much for that blazer. I've seen it... it is an interesting piece, but not quite my style, plus it is double-breasted, so more of a Tubbs style anyway. I've heard of the Macy's Miami Vice line of clothing and I think this is one of the very few surviving pieces perhaps, but to him I'd say, "You're dreaming, pal".

On 3/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, Robbie C. said:

Macy's is where I got my RL white linen blazer, too. It was on clearance, but was really nice.

You got a Ralph Lauren white linen blazer at Macy's? I know they have them but they are fully lined, that's my bone with them. I got a Tasso Elba (subpar Macy's brand) blazer from there which is linen and unlined. I am still keeping an eye out for a higher-quality one, because I think if any wardrobe piece deserves investment, it would be the white blazer. I would want less construction and no shoulder padding too. I would love to have an Armani or Versace blazer for something really special. Keeping my eyes peeled.

you know i'm not a big fan of speculation in general. but 500 bucks for an original MV stuff. that's not that expensive. i mean in the 80s with 500$ you were rich, but nowadays.. the problem is, how can you know it's really a MV stuff, and not some swindler cr.. i think it's safer to buy a Gucci shirt for that amount that will last a whole life

• Administrators
14 hours ago, jpm1 said:

you know i'm not a big fan of speculation in general. but 500 bucks for an original MV stuff. that's not that expensive. i mean in the 80s with 500$ you were rich, but nowadays.. the problem is, how can you know it's really a MV stuff, and not some swindler cr.. i think it's safer to buy a Gucci shirt for that amount that will last a whole life

You're right, using an inflation calculator, it says that $500 USD today's money equates to $205.52 USD in 1984 or $245.28 in 1989. If you're getting original MV stuff, that's some big label clothing, worth helluva lot more than $200 in 1984. 

22 hours ago, pmconroy said:

You got a Ralph Lauren white linen blazer at Macy's? I know they have them but they are fully lined, that's my bone with them. I got a Tasso Elba (subpar Macy's brand) blazer from there which is linen and unlined. I am still keeping an eye out for a higher-quality one, because I think if any wardrobe piece deserves investment, it would be the white blazer. I would want less construction and no shoulder padding too. I would love to have an Armani or Versace blazer for something really special. Keeping my eyes peeled.

It's lined, but I prefer lined with concealed carry. It doesn't look bad in any case and has a very solid Crockett vibe about it.

11 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

It's lined, but I prefer lined with concealed carry. It doesn't look bad in any case and has a very solid Crockett vibe about it.

Oh of course, it looks good, I'm just quite picky when it comes to these things. For me, I prefer minimal or no lining when I can find it. Partially because of the look it gives and partially because of staying cool temperature-wise. There are certain cases when I like the jacket enough to overlook it, though. The gray Zegna one that I posted about is one example (I received it on Friday, I will get around to posting pics in it sometime this week).

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think Rob Canotta (your profile name and picture) had really amazing style and has to be my second favorite behind Crockett. His clothes were CLASS.