I think someone at Timex is a Miami Vice fan.

Kavinsky

I bought a timex watch a little while ago, chronograph, looks kinda like their take on the Tudor Fastrider PVD Series, as its one of the few watches I've found that I like, as I found I just dont like straight stainless steel watches, nor any with stainless, problem was it was a left over, kinda beat up, one that was old stock, timex mens expedition T49905 FYI

which looks like an old school porsche design watch really

and well in looking for a new one, as I like the watch but its hour counter isnt working, either that or I dont know how to set it properly, but everything else is, and I found this of all things in looking to see if they make an automatic version of it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timex-Womens-Miami-Chronograph-38mm-Bracelet-Gold-Tone-Watch-TW2P93700/263870994256?epid=19021709015&hash=item3d6fefd750:g:fSMAAOSw15VbbfyA:rk:2:pf:0

Timex Womans Miami Chronograph, and tell me that doesnt look like their take on the Ebel he wore, cant find it in a Mans size either, but still, that probably WAS a mans size back in the 80's, and that's a little too closely named and close looking for it to be a coincidence.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 4

38mm would definitely have been a man's size in the Eighties (I'm surprised it's not now). I bought a Tag Heuer man's diver watch in 1989 that is 36mm. The Rolex Submariner (quintessential man's watch) is 40mm, only 2mm more.  

The one you've linked to is gold colour and has three sub dials, but can't personally see too much resemblance past that. 

I always keep an eye out for a used Ebel Sportwave like Crockett's, would love one! 

Wow! I'm tempted to buy one even if it's for a woman. Make it in a man's version and I would buy two. Looks close to the Ebel 1911.

it mentions it as a gift for a boyfriend, I dont quite know why, or if that was the only way that the guy who designed it got them to write off on the design lol

as theris been this huge fad in watches them to make them as big as possible, hell that timex I mention having myself is listed at 42mm, and its only now that the sizes are just coming down

and I did buy one FYI too lol as I forgot how good the ebel looked, actually its funny out of all the watches, you can find 50 dollar seiko automatics that will last you a life time, same thing with I think even GMT's but the one thing that you always get your money back on going expensive with is chronographs

as they just dont have the battery life down yet.