The Maze

mjcmmv

I'm having a MV Binge-watching weekend and I just finished watching the Maze. Can anyone tell me if they used real Metro Dade Cops for the final assault. I seem to remember real officers were used as extras and these guys looked pretty authentic!  Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjnurse said:

I'm having a MV Binge-watching weekend and I just finished watching the Maze. Can anyone tell me if they used real Metro Dade Cops for the final assault. I seem to remember real officers were used as extras and these guys looked pretty authentic!  Thanks!

Idk about this episode particularly, but I talked to an older Miami cop at a gas station in Miami in 2003. He said he vividly remembered being on the force in the early 80s. He said there was always a signup sheet to be a cop (extra) on MV at the office, and guys were always excited about it.

So, probably, yeah! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

Aren't you an old timer from the .org forum and the email list?  Welcome back!

I just found this:

"The actor that plays the SWAT Officer that GARCELLE BEAUVAIS runs into the arms of, at the end, was a real Metro-Dade Police SWAT Sniper named GREG KRAL. He was involved in numerous hostage rescues in real life, including the 1996 rescue of 13 autistic children from a school bus in front of the Joe's Stone Crabs restaurant in Miami Beach. He was also involved in the raid that turned up the body of GIANNI VERSACE'S killer ANDREW CUNANAN."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0647127/trivia

Seemingly confirmed here:

"One of the real Miami police officers to appear as an extra on the show became a hero in his own right, though even his professional triumphs had a link to Miami Vice. SRT Police Sniper Greg Kral helped to rescue a bus filled with autistic children that had become the victim of a hostage situation in the area. It was a bigger coincidence still that he was on the show that brought Versace to Miami and was involved with apprehending Versace’s murderer."

http://brain-sharper.com/entertainment/miami-vice-secrets-ob/

• Like 3

8 hours ago, airtommy said:

Aren't you an old timer from the .org forum and the email list?  Welcome back!

I just found this:

"The actor that plays the SWAT Officer that GARCELLE BEAUVAIS runs into the arms of, at the end, was a real Metro-Dade Police SWAT Sniper named GREG KRAL. He was involved in numerous hostage rescues in real life, including the 1996 rescue of 13 autistic children from a school bus in front of the Joe's Stone Crabs restaurant in Miami Beach. He was also involved in the raid that turned up the body of GIANNI VERSACE'S killer ANDREW CUNANAN."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0647127/trivia

Seemingly confirmed here:

"One of the real Miami police officers to appear as an extra on the show became a hero in his own right, though even his professional triumphs had a link to Miami Vice. SRT Police Sniper Greg Kral helped to rescue a bus filled with autistic children that had become the victim of a hostage situation in the area. It was a bigger coincidence still that he was on the show that brought Versace to Miami and was involved with apprehending Versace’s murderer."

http://brain-sharper.com/entertainment/miami-vice-secrets-ob/

Hello and yes! I was on the .org forum a way back!  This site is amazing and it's great to see a lot of familiar names, yours included! Thank you for the welcome!! And thank you for this great article. I love the idea that they were using real police officers. Their professionalism really showed! 

• Like 1