Miami Vice Trailer (GTA VICE STORIES STYLE )

Leo Fedorov

Very cool. :clap:

Any particular reason you used a live version of “In the Air Tonight” instead of the original recording?

49 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Very cool. :clap:

Any particular reason you used a live version of “In the Air Tonight” instead of the original recording?

The trailer Leo based in his video on uses that "live" version. That version is used because there is a part in the game where Phil Collins performs the song at Hyman Memorial Stadium.

• Like 1

Thanks @agent 47!

I played Vice City a lot, but never got to try Stories. I will check it out. 

I’m sure Rockstar used the live version because it was much cheaper. Still sounds great though. 

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Thanks @agent 47!

I played Vice City a lot, but never got to try Stories. I will check it out. 

I’m sure Rockstar used the live version because it was much cheaper. Still sounds great though. 

The original recording is also in the game on the radio station Emotion 98.3. The reason they used the live version though is because Phil Collins plays himself in the game and there are a few missions where you have to defend him from Mafia hit-men while he's in Vice City prepping for the concert linked above.

• Like 1

Oh wow. Sounds like I missed out on this one!

And I totally forgot about the original version of the song on Emotion. I remember Crockett’s Theme very well though. :) 

Edited by Dadrian