Don Johnson's weight

BunMVO

Hey guys, I was curious because I heard that during the course of Miami Vice, Don Johnson gained weight. I was curious as to how much he weighed at different points of the show and his highest and lowest. I'm 5'10.5" and 183.4 pounds currently (I started losing weight September 1 and was at 207 pounds - that was almost a 30 BMI which is pushing obese). It's hard to imagine I got to that point but now I've lost a bunch of weight and feel much better But I think I'm gonna go down to about 175 or 170. I was inspired by how good Don Johnson looks in Vice but that wasn't it. I want to look as good as he looked. How much did he weigh?

I remember during the Burnett saga, there was a time when Tubbs described Crockett as "160 pounds, sandy blonde hair". But I heard that he had gained weight in the later seasons. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this, it's hard to find information on.

11 minutes ago, airtommy said:

I didn't notice any difference in later seasons, but I'm not looking very closely.  I did notice some weight gain in Nash Bridges.

Yeah, I don't remember where I read it but I heard about him gaining weight which he didn't really look like he had. Poor guy got big in the 2000s. He looks better now even though he is much older.

Posted December 24, 2018 (edited)

On 12/24/2018 at 1:12 AM, pmconroy said:

Wow, it looks like he had gained some weight during that time.

He had an unhappy period in his life, where he also gained a lot of weight much more so than what you see there. There weren't a lot of offers and some bad movie offers after Nash Bridges, which ended in 2001. And I think, he struggled with substance abuse. But it turned around for him, regarding his career, I believe around the time of 2010 with the movie Django Unchained premiering, where he was in the spotlight again. Ironically in that movie he plays Big Daddy. :) And from 2014, he was in great shape. Nice to see, that Don is in a place in his life, where he's in good health. He's no more Mr. Vice guy, his only vices, (that I know of) is an electronic cigar. 

Edited December 24, 2018 by summer84

My reply back in December. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

Its visually obvious that Don gained weight as the seasons have passed by. And, ever further Vice. Check that NBC anniversary show for instance...But lately seems Don has taken care of himself a bit more. A botox here, a white unshaven beard there....but its good for such age...i think...

btw i had to check your avatar...at this resolution i wasnt sure if it was don johnson...lol....its a clone...well stay away from alchool and drugs, and youll be fine in few years on the nash bridges forum lol

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2019 at 10:40 PM, Mr. Calderon said:

btw i had to check your avatar...at this resolution i wasnt sure if it was don johnson...lol....its a clone...well stay away from alchool and drugs, and youll be fine in few years on the nash bridges forum lol

Haha thank you! You’re not the first person to say that either. That photo is from last summer and it’s a copy outfit from the Prodigal Son where they arrive in New York.

Speaking of weight, I was over 200 lbs at the time that picture was taken...and it’s kind of noticeable. Embarrassing. Like I said I’m down to 182 and dropping all the time.