MV neckties

ame99

Hi All,

Does anyone knows which are the brands of the ties wore by Rico (during the whole series) and by Sonny (especially first episodes of the 5th series)? 

many thanks

Edited by ame99
typo

1 hour ago, ame99 said:

Hi All,

Does anyone knows which are the brands of the ties wore by Rico (during the whole series) and by Sonny (especially first episodes of the 5th series)? 

many thanks

Hi. Welcome to the site.

I know some of them were Hugo Boss, as were many other garments worn by Tubbs, Crockett, and various guest stars.

If you find a Boss item (ties included) that you think is from the 80s, they typically had white labels (unlike the current black labels). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ame99 said:

Sonny's ties during the Burnett arc were awesome.  I'd be surprised if they were not Italian.

10 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Sonny's ties during the Burnett arc were awesome.  I'd be surprised if they were not Italian.

Some of that stuff was Valentino, if I’m not mistaken. 

Hugo Boss is typically associated with more straight-forward business-type attire like Tubbs’, but Sonny wore a lot of Hugo Boss, too. His powder blue blazer in late season 2 and that shiny royal blue short jacket from season 3 are good examples. 

Edited by Dadrian

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Hugo Boss is typically associated with more straight-forward business-type attire like Tubbs’, but Sonny wore a lot of Hugo Boss, too. His powder blue blazer in late season 2 and that shiny royal blue short jacket from season 3 are good examples. 

Some of his ties during the Burnett arc in Seasons 4/5 were Giorgio Armani. And the grey double breasted suit he wore during the Don’t Give Up montage in “Redemption In Blood” was a Hugo Boss suit.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

They were really good- some Giorgio Armani In there.

• Like 2