Risky

miamijimf

Reminds me of the Jumping Croc-Tour on Adelaide River I did a couple of years ago in Northern Territory, Australia. It is unbelievable how stupid tourists behave just for getting a nice shot to brag with on social media. Some totally deserve to donate an arm or two. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, squeezem3 said:

Reminds me of the Jumping Croc-Tour on Adelaide River I did a couple of years ago in Northern Territory, Australia. It is unbelievable how stupid tourists behave just for getting a nice shot to brag with on social media. Some totally deserve to donate an arm or two. :)

That gator is real?? I thought it was a fake like the shark at Disney. Are those people crazy????

• Like 2

Hmm... That one is most likely fake, it'd be roughly 6 meters long. But I've seen similar stuff like that happening. That photo down below is from the tour I've done in 2015. My travelmate took the shot, not me ;)

Screenshot_20190128-222822.jpg

Edited by squeezem3
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, squeezem3 said:

Hmm... That one is most likely fake, it'd be roughly 6 meters long. But I've seen similar stuff like that happening. That photo down below is from the tour I've done in 2015. My travelmate took the shot, not me ;)

Screenshot_20190128-222822.jpg

That's an incredible picture! I knew that other one had to be fake! Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scot from S.C. said:

I saw this guy some years back. He is over 18 feet long and 2,000 pounds. :hot:

http://alligatoradventure.com/animals/detail/utan-king-of-the-crocs

They do grow that big but I admit my original photo showing the tourist's gleeful reaction to the close giant gator is surprising to say the least.  I think most people would be scared and move back.

Both of these photos look like Crocs to me guys, rather than Gators, because of their narrow pointed snouts. What say ye? 

9 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Both of these photos look like Crocs to me guys, rather than Gators, because of their narrow pointed snouts. What say ye? 

Ya crocks have narrow snouts and I would bet crock but it's hard to be sure when they are that big.  Crocks are more aggressive normally, all the more reason for the tourists to be frightened.  Of course this is Australia (no offense intended James).

Edited by miamijimf

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Ya crocks have narrow snouts and I would bet crock but it's hard to be sure when they are that big.  Crocks are more aggressive normally, all the more reason for the tourists to be frightened.  Of course this is Australia (no offense intended James).

Why would I be offended? It's factual. :) 

Saltwater Croc's are the most aggressive species of Crocodiles and are much larger than Alligators, and can grow to more than double the size, even the newly hatched Croc's are just as aggressive as an adult. 

Alligators are chickens compared to Crocodiles. They COULD put a Alligator on the St Vitus Dance, but there's no way in hell they'd be able to put a Crocodile on there, it'll rip the boat and crew to shreds. :thumbsup:

Most tourists from overseas don't know what they're getting themselves into when they get up close like that. Obviously they didn't get the memo that everything in Australia wants to kill you. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, James said:

Why would I be offended? It's factual. :) 

Saltwater Croc's are the most aggressive species of Crocodiles and are much larger than Alligators, and can grow to more than double the size, even the newly hatched Croc's are just as aggressive as an adult. 

Alligators are chickens compared to Crocodiles. They COULD put a Alligator on the St Vitus Dance, but there's no way in hell they'd be able to put a Crocodile on there, it'll rip the boat and crew to shreds. :thumbsup:

Most tourists from overseas don't know what they're getting themselves into when they get up close like that. Obviously they didn't get the memo that everything in Australia wants to kill you. :) 

Indeed, the jumping one from the photo I've posted is a saltwater croc. Hard to spot the difference for me though^^

I remember the tour guide told me that a couple of years ago a tourist fell into the water of this river. It was his last swim. For every croc you can see on the surface of this muddy water there are at least half a dozen more nearby when they start feeding them, which you can't see. It's pure suicide to get this close, but you know, my travelmate was one of those fame obsessed Instagram girls. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, miamijimf said:

They do grow that big but I admit my original photo showing the tourist's gleeful reaction to the close giant gator is surprising to say the least.  I think most people would be scared and move back.

No doubt! I still like the picture Jim. Trust  me, there are plenty of silly people who would attempt a selfie with such a beast. Of course, it would be their last grave error in judgement.

Just seeing Utan in person at a safe distance was awesome yet you knew no person would stand a chance anywhere near that beast. Like you guys said,  saltwater crocodiles are big and nasty. The alligators I run across are usually shy and reserved, but I still give them their space, especially if they are over six feet in length. Those jokers are really fast at short distances.

• Administrators

Saw an article last year of some genius who tried to take a selfie with a bear and got mauled to death. People are just f@#$ing idiots,  and they get what they deserve!

On the Savannah River one would come up and my dad and friend used to feed him Woppers. My dad found a dead one once after trying to run away from it while sinking 3 feet into the mud while looking for bottles.  I have a claw as a necklace.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:09 AM, Scot from S.C. said:

No doubt! I still like the picture Jim. Trust  me, there are plenty of silly people who would attempt a selfie with such a beast. Of course, it would be their last grave error in judgement.

Just seeing Utan in person at a safe distance was awesome yet you knew no person would stand a chance anywhere near that beast. Like you guys said,  saltwater crocodiles are big and nasty. The alligators I run across are usually shy and reserved, but I still give them their space, especially if they are over six feet in length. Those jokers are really fast at short distances.

Yes I heard they can run fast.