Top 10 List

Bren10

Many will agree/disagree with this list.  Caitlyn-haters will like it though (of which I'm not one).

I'm surprised there's no Evan and I don't think Good Collar is bad.  I'm kind of surpised by Heart of Darkness' placement and  do think there's something missing in eps w/out C&T.  I always thought Viking Bikers was good, dumb fun.

Edited by Bren10
Spelling
  • Like 3

Of course it always depends on the individual taste, but I guess "Evan" and "Out where the buses don`t run" belong to any Top10 list of the best Vice episodes. An entertaining video though, I really enjoyed watching!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squeezem3 said:

Of course it always depends on the individual taste, but I guess "Evan" and "Out where the buses don`t run" belong to any Top10 list of the best Vice episodes. An entertaining video though, I really enjoyed watching!

I understood why he chose episodes like Heart of Darkness and Viking Bikers from Hell, but when they knock off others like Evan, Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Definitely Miami and Payback, I can't go along! 

I don't know how old the guy is, but it just seems that younger viewers don't respond well to sublety or psychological storytelling, which Evan and Buses have a lot of.  "Slow burn" type eps don't go down as well now.  I find it telling that he would pick Bikers out, considering most here find it stupid (most of us here are at least over 25).  Bikers is actually closer to what passes for good cinema now in the eyes of many, which is alarming.  That's the same reason I've always been skeptical about a reboot, especially with someone like Vin Diesel attached to it.

• Like 3

And btw, I saw Reb Brown's Yor: The Hunter From the Future in theaters in '83 (quite the experience) and now own it on blu ray with his commentary so I'm not biased towards him.

Viking Bikers from Hell was a goofy concept that made sense if you were into the Ninja movies and other stuff from that time. I didn't dislike it, but it is certainly middle of the pack at best.

But consider the way so many react to NCIS Los Angeles, which is Vice-like in spirit. Dick Wolf has conditioned people to expect formula TV in the police genre, and anything that breaks the simple mold is frowned upon or not well understood. Character development is when someone raises an eyebrow for the first time or changes their hair style, not when they come to grips with mistakes they made years ago (Evan) or some of the things they feature in NCIS LA. Shows like Vice confuse them, and programs like The Shield frighten them.

And that, in short, is why I'd never want to see a reboot. The writing would most likely be so sub-par it would be beyond saving.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this.  I like that he gave reasons for his nominations.  "Amen Send Money" was his worst and most poorly reasoned pick.  Sure, it was topical, but not in an interesting way.  Any hack writer could have come up with that script in 10 minutes.

He included a few unnecessary spoilers.

30 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Thanks for posting this.  I like that he gave reasons for his nominations.  "Amen Send Money" was his worst and most poorly reasoned pick.  Sure, it was topical, but not in an interesting way.  Any hack writer could have come up with that script in 10 minutes.

He included a few unnecessary spoilers.

Yes but Dennehy was in fact great.