Cavanaugh`s Corner Reviews

Bren10

He has a vid for each season as well as MV2006 and other shows.  He is particularly brutal on S4.  It's interesting seeing someone discover the show with new opinions.

• Like 2

I like these reviews.  He's very much on the same wavelength as me.  He likes S1 and S2 the best, S3 is good but different, S4 and S5 are bad.  His S3 review is my favorite.  He points out how much darker the mood of the show is.  He also mentions that green suddenly becomes a dominant color.  He says it isn't Miami Vice, it's some other show, though still good.  Like me, he also doesn't like the movie and especially the near total lack of action.

I found it odd when he says that Zito's death was shocking because the cast is "untouchable".  Crockett's partner is killed in the pilot and the Lieutenant is killed a few episodes later.

He points out that Dick Wolf left the show after S4, a fact I didn't know.  There was no show runner in S5 and it is evident.

Edited by airtommy

I think he means the core group is seemingly untouchable, which a core cast usually is.  I immediately thought Jimmy Smits was there just to be killed.  I never expected him to be part of the core, especially after all the wife and kid talk and the phone call he didn't have a chance to make.  Lou is also killed very early on.  By the time Zito dies, we've gone thru about 2 and a half seasons of the main cast evading mortal danger and they've become a solidified team.  By making boxing the focus of the episode, you don't see a major character death coming out of that.  The only thing that gives it away for me is so much attention being payed to Zito when it hasn't really before.  That makes me think something's up.

• Like 1