NEW COVER! 2/8/19: "Val"

Dadrian

On Friday, February 8, 1985, the world was introduced to one of the best music cues in TV History as "Rites of Passage" was originally broadcast. Jan Hammer himself even said it was one of his favorite cues of the entire  series.

“Tubbs and Valerie” was released on Jan’s "Escape from Television" album in 1987 with some great new sounds added, but I've always liked it better just the way it was originally used in the show. That original version was never realeased, so...

Here is my first cover on my long-awaited new YouTube channel. Please like, comment, and subscribe!

https://youtu.be/AfMafKfa70o

Note: May I ask that you PLEASE do not use this audio or video on your own channel? I would really like to communicate with as many fans of the show and music as possible all in one place on this new channel. Feel free to share the link anywhere and everywhere, though. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators

Nice work dude. Sounds amazing! :radio:

I noticed you made a new channel to upload that? I assume you didn't want to risk your main one with the copyrighted clips from the show? 

41 minutes ago, James said:

Nice work dude. Sounds amazing! :radio:

I noticed you made a new channel to upload that? I assume you didn't want to risk your main one with the copyrighted clips from the show? 

Thanks, James. 

The new channel is because I want there to be nothing but covers there. I want all that activity compartmentalized to that account. Also the anonymity shows that I want no personal gain from the videos—just to have fun and entertain other fans. :thumbsup:

Does my question the other day about “Metro-Dade” make more sense now? :) 

• Like 1

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Thanks, James. 

The new channel is because I want there to be nothing but covers there. I want all that activity compartmentalized to that account. Also the anonymity shows that I want no personal gain from the videos—just to have fun and entertain other fans. :thumbsup:

Does my question the other day about “Metro-Dade” make more sense now? :) 

Ah yes. That explains it. :)  So "Retro-Dade" is pretty much your new "artist name" then? 

8 hours ago, James said:

Ah yes. That explains it. :)  So "Retro-Dade" is pretty much your new "artist name" then? 

“May be...may be...” :p

Nah just the channel name. The pun is coincidental. I’ll always be Dadrian. 

• Like 1

Hey Dadrian, I've been laying down with a bad flu since the weekend, which gave me plenty of time to listen to 'Val' a good number of times :radio:  It's really marvelous! I don't think even Jan Hammer himself would be able to tell the difference.

Can't wait for more ear-candy to pop out of your lab.  Maybe we should kick off a crowdfunding so you can take a sabbatical from your day job and focus on your music :eek:

Edited by daytona365
  • Haha 1

Thanks, @daytona365!

Glad this a bright spot in your sickness. I’ve had a cough since the day after Christmas! :wuerg:

Time is definitely something not on my side with this hobby, but it’s getting better. 

• 4 months later...

thank you dadrian for this cover .. and all the previous ones and the next

love this version more emotionnal, less sophisticated, than the "escape from television" one,

i was wondering ... is there a chance to get a sound file in good quality ?... i guess youtube is limited to 128 kbits bitrate or less

the "prodigal son" version is really work in progress ?

hello from france :p

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mixomatos said:

thank you dadrian for this cover .. and all the previous ones and the next

love this version more emotionnal, less sophisticated, than the "escape from television" one,

i was wondering ... is there a chance to get a sound file in good quality ?... i guess youtube is limited to 128 kbits bitrate or less

the "prodigal son" version is really work in progress ?

hello from france :p

Glad you found the songs. Enjoy forever! :thumbsup:

thx for the link :radio: (i should have search a little bit)

dadrian : you have no idea how many times "brenda" has been played on my side  ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mixomatos said:

thx for the link :radio: (i should have search a little bit)

dadrian : you have no idea how many times "brenda" has been played on my side  ;)

Awesome! I still enjoy that one, myself! Thanks

• 1 month later...

Great piece D. Takes me back to when I watched the original airing of that episode. I fell in love with this track and was a little let down with the "released " version because it just sounded more built up than I remembered. 

Have you given thought to what you'll tackle next when time permits?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

Have you given thought to what you'll tackle next when time permits?

I’m working on the music from “The Maze” when Crockett is trying to get info on the Escobars. It will be next unless something else comes up  

• Like 2

That's pretty danged cool. Thanks again for sharing these creations with us. They're true treasures and I know I'm not alone in saying that we are blessed that you share these rather than keep them to yourself. You're a marvelous musician and a marvelous person. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

That's pretty danged cool. Thanks again for sharing these creations with us. They're true treasures and I know I'm not alone in saying that we are blessed that you share these rather than keep them to yourself. You're a marvelous musician and a marvelous person. 

Wow. I needed this today. I sincerely appreciate your kind remarks. 

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I’m working on the music from “The Maze” when Crockett is trying to get info on the Escobars. It will be next unless something else comes up  

So great friend.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Wow. I needed this today. I sincerely appreciate your kind remarks. 

And it's so true. Not just shameless flattery. 

• Thanks 1