Miami vice Scarab and J Narcs daytona for sale on Ebay

VICE365

8 hours ago, VICE365 said:

" An original Miami Vice Daytona built by Carl Roberts which happens to be the very last Daytona created for the show"  

These Scammers never learn...

What do you think of the price @Scarab KV

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

On 2/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, Sonny-Burnett said:

" An original Miami Vice Daytona built by Carl Roberts which happens to be the very last Daytona created for the show"  

These Scammers never learn...

What do you think of the price @Scarab KV

For those who don't know, the Daytona described in this listing was formerly owned by @jurassic narc in here, and he is one of the most knowledgeable members about these cars in the world.  And there were only 2 Daytonas built for the show, and neither one built by Roberts so this claim in the listing is patently untrue. One of them is at the Volo museum @volobrian and the other is owned by @CameraDaytona

Hopefully any prospective buyers will do their homework and research. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Here's the link to the Daytona: http://www.iconicpremier.world/miami-vice-car/

I really despise this guy. Come to think of it, it's the first time I've ever been genuinely mad at something on the internet, besides losing at online gaming of course haha. I wonder what Jurassic_Narc and CameraDaytona think about this.

Edited by codemaster94

11 minutes ago, codemaster94 said:

Here's the link to the Daytona: http://www.iconicpremier.world/miami-vice-car/

I really despise this guy. Come to think of it, it's the first time I've ever been genuinely mad at something on the internet, besides losing at online gaming of course haha.

I wonder if Carl Roberts knows his name is being used as an endorsement claiming this car was "built for the show"? 

• Like 1

A friend sent me the link to this eBay offering.  Needless to say, I am disappointed that Mr. Marino chose to create a story about the car I put together as a tribute to the show.  Mr. Marino was provided with all the details of my car and it's history in a notebook I had prepared for the purpose of documentation.  The car was built well after MV had switched to the Testarossa (I think it was built in 1998 or 1999, but I didn't keep copies of the records).  Mr. Marino was told in not uncertain terms that my car was never used on the show.  I did tell him that the car had been built by Carl Roberts, and that small claim to fame was due to Carl using the show car bodies to mold his kits (even though Carl made some significant changes to the design).  That Carl may have endorsed this concept is disappointing as well.  The picture of Carl with my car is one CameraDaytona and I made when we visited Carl.  Carl was well aware of my car's history, as he and I had had several meetings and phone calls involving it's heritage.

When I came on this forum there was mass confusion about the heritage of the cars (between 2 and 40) used on the show.  Thanks to the friendship of Brian at Volo and CameraDaytona, that mystery was resolved over several years of research and investigation.

This disappoints me that I have now been drug into a situation that exacerbates the long search for the truth about those cars.  So, for the record, the only cars ever built for use on Miami Vice are in the hands of the Volo Museum and CameraDaytona.  I believe that Carl had a scheme to build at least one other car for the show at the end of Season Two, but that Ferrari's offer of a couple of Testarossas resulted in that deal falling through.  It is my recollection that Carl did not build a Daytona for the show at that time.  He quickly set to building the Stunt Testarossa.

With all the work that has been done on this very Forum to correct and de-bunk all the lies, it saddens me to be involved, even peripherally, in this offering.

JN

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jurassic narc said:

A friend sent me the link to this eBay offering.  Needless to say, I am disappointed that Mr. Marino chose to create a story about the car I put together as a tribute to the show.  Mr. Marino was provided with all the details of my car and it's history in a notebook I had prepared for the purpose of documentation.  The car was built well after MV had switched to the Testarossa (I think it was built in 1998 or 1999, but I didn't keep copies of the records).  Mr. Marino was told in not uncertain terms that my car was never used on the show.  I did tell him that the car had been built by Carl Roberts, and that small claim to fame was due to Carl using the show car bodies to mold his kits (even though Carl made some significant changes to the design).  That Carl may have endorsed this concept is disappointing as well.  The picture of Carl with my car is one CameraDaytona and I made when we visited Carl.  Carl was well aware of my car's history, as he and I had had several meetings and phone calls involving it's heritage.

When I came on this forum there was mass confusion about the heritage of the cars (between 2 and 40) used on the show.  Thanks to the friendship of Brian at Volo and CameraDaytona, that mystery was resolved over several years of research and investigation.

This disappoints me that I have now been drug into a situation that exacerbates the long search for the truth about those cars.  So, for the record, the only cars ever built for use on Miami Vice are in the hands of the Volo Museum and CameraDaytona.  I believe that Carl had a scheme to build at least one other car for the show at the end of Season Two, but that Ferrari's offer of a couple of Testarossas resulted in that deal falling through.  It is my recollection that Carl did not build a Daytona for the show at that time.  He quickly set to building the Stunt Testarossa.

With all the work that has been done on this very Forum to correct and de-bunk all the lies, it saddens me to be involved, even peripherally, in this offering.

JN

Thanks for weighing in on Martino's  story about your car, JN.  I still do not know if Roberts actually endorsed this guy's claim or he simply made that up too. 

Seems the comments about him by @Scarab KV and @Bigsarg were right on the money. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 3 months later...