They're selling the car and boat...

codemaster94

And note the comments in the listing:   "An original Miami Vice Daytona built by Carl Roberts which happens to be the very last Daytona created for the show will be given away free with the purchase of the Miami Vice boat. Unfortunately, unlike the boat, this particular car never made it on the show and was replaced by the white Ferrari Tesstorsa."

Because he wants Buyers to believe @jurassic narc's old car was destined for the show.  If the price wasn't ridiculous enough this claim certainly is. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

“It’s all getting too damn predictable” :) 

Ten years ago I would have bought this whole act. 

• Haha 2

Someone's been snorting some good weasel dust?!?!?!?!

The boat is not worth it and the car should be coupled with the Stinger not the KV. The Wellcraft should be coupled with the Testarossa!

Am I wrong in that idea? The price is waaaaaaaay to high, like the guy who requests it.

13 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Someone's been snorting some good weasel dust?!?!?!?!

The boat is not worth it and the car should be coupled with the Stinger not the KV. The Wellcraft should be coupled with the Testarossa!

Am I wrong in that idea? The price is waaaaaaaay to high, like the guy who requests it.

Yeah some serious nose candy...lol   

Agreed about the coupling, but I like to think the Daytona is THE car associated with the show.

But....I'm admittedly biased. :)

A friend sent me the link to this eBay offering.  Needless to say, I am disappointed that Mr. Marino chose to create a story about the car I put together as a tribute to the show.  Mr. Marino was provided with all the details of my car and it's history in a notebook I had prepared for the purpose of documentation.  The car was built well after MV had switched to the Testarossa (I think it was built in 1998 or 1999, but I didn't keep copies of the records).  Mr. Marino was told in not uncertain terms that my car was never used on the show.  I did tell him that the car had been built by Carl Roberts, and that small claim to fame was due to Carl using the show car bodies to mold his kits (even though Carl made some significant changes to the design).

When I came on this forum there was mass confusion about the heritage of the cars (between 2 and 40) used on the show.  Thanks to the friendship of Brian at Volo and CameraDaytona, that mystery was resolved over several years of research and investigation.

This disappoints me that I have now been drug into a situation that exacerbates the long search for the truth about those cars.  So, for the record, the only cars ever built for use on Miami Vice are in the hands of the Volo Museum and CameraDaytona.  I believe that Carl had a scheme to build at least one other car for the show at the end of Season Two, but that Ferrari's offer of a couple of Testarossas resulted in that deal falling through.  It is my recollection that Carl did not build a Daytona for the show at that time.  He quickly set to building the Stunt Testarossa.

With all the work that has been done on this very Forum to correct and de-bunk all the lies, it saddens me to be involved, even peripherally, in this offering.

JN

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

JN no offense but your clarification puts lot of confusion, at least for me. i always thought your car was a MV car. i mean one seen in MV. i didn't make any deep research though. i just came to that conclusion by overflying the forums. so has your car been used in the show, or not

beside regarding the price i think nothing can surprise me anymore nowadays. did you see the prices of the little scaled MV cars. the most smaller car is sold 100+ €. Jesus is coming back, there's no doubt about this

Edited by jpm1

55 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

JN no offense but your clarification puts lot of confusion, at least for me. i always thought your car was a MV car. i mean one seen in MV. i didn't make any deep research though. i just came to that conclusion by overflying the forums. so has your car been used in the show, or not

beside regarding the price i think nothing can surprise me anymore nowadays. did you see the prices of the little scaled MV cars. the most smaller car is sold 100+ €. Jesus is coming back, there's no doubt about this

No, as JN said, the only 2 cars used in the show are at the Volo museum (Car1) and owned by Cameradaytona (Car4).  Martino is claiming JN's car was built for the show (under contract with Universal) but not delivered, but the Testa deal with Universal would have precluded any such build. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jurassic narc said:

A friend sent me the link to this eBay offering.  Needless to say, I am disappointed that Mr. Marino chose to create a story about the car I put together as a tribute to the show.  Mr. Marino was provided with all the details of my car and it's history in a notebook I had prepared for the purpose of documentation.  The car was built well after MV had switched to the Testarossa (I think it was built in 1998 or 1999, but I didn't keep copies of the records).  Mr. Marino was told in not uncertain terms that my car was never used on the show.  I did tell him that the car had been built by Carl Roberts, and that small claim to fame was due to Carl using the show car bodies to mold his kits (even though Carl made some significant changes to the design).

When I came on this forum there was mass confusion about the heritage of the cars (between 2 and 40) used on the show.  Thanks to the friendship of Brian at Volo and CameraDaytona, that mystery was resolved over several years of research and investigation.

This disappoints me that I have now been drug into a situation that exacerbates the long search for the truth about those cars.  So, for the record, the only cars ever built for use on Miami Vice are in the hands of the Volo Museum and CameraDaytona.  I believe that Carl had a scheme to build at least one other car for the show at the end of Season Two, but that Ferrari's offer of a couple of Testarossas resulted in that deal falling through.  It is my recollection that Carl did not build a Daytona for the show at that time.  He quickly set to building the Stunt Testarossa.

With all the work that has been done on this very Forum to correct and de-bunk all the lies, it saddens me to be involved, even peripherally, in this offering.

JN

JN, do you mean '88 or '89? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

JN, do you mean '88 or '89? 

I reviewed scanned copies of my documents.  The car was built in 1998.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jurassic narc said:

I reviewed scanned copies of my documents.  The car was built in 1998.  

Ok...I didn't realize Roberts was still building them years after the show. Thanks, JN. 

And THAT makes Martino's Claim Impossible, unless he wants to argue the car time-traveled back to the 80s. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Haha 1

maybe he wanted to say some parts had been reused. pure speculation.

i used to think it was a car of the series. because there was a forum user called Cooper&Burnett that was badly in love with it. as he was a true connoisseur, this mislead me

Edited by jpm1

• 2 weeks later...

JN - Thank you for your concise and correct explanation of the use of only the two cars (mine - the camera car - and Volo's - the stunt car) in the show.  I have extensive documentation showing the VINs of the two cars used in the show, and we have talked with several people who worked on the cars used in the show (including Carl Roberts who maintained the cars while they were being used in the filming in Miami) who have verified that there were only two cars for the two years that were used for filming  the show.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess that is the major danger of making a replica as close as you can, as people are always profit driven above all else, be it that profit be money or political power, regardless of how false that information is.