For Those Who Didn't Like The Movie

Bren10

The guy was wrong to criticize Farrel for saying go-fast boats 3 minutes in, go-fast boats is actually the correct term for high speed cigarette boats.

Edited by RedDragon86

Matthew McConaughey and Terence Howard would have been so much better as Crockett and Tubbs in the 2006 movie. 

I think Michael gets his casting wrong. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

The casting was all wrong for starters, no doubt about that. If I recall correctly wasn't Jamie Foxx a bit of an arse during the movie as well? That didn't help matters either.

There was no chemistry between Colin and Jamie at all, was obvious just 2 dudes standing there doin what they're told. Hell, the "brocode" between Tubbs and Crockett was just gone, poof. Dunno what happened. Then Mann tried to take Vice's success of capitalizing on the scenery and setting, music etc. and push it forward to modern day or 2006 at the time and it just didn't, work. You can't just throw them into a club with some bad rap music and try to recreate the classic scenes of clubs in the original show, it doesn't work. Then Castillo, apart from him.....changing, looks let's say, had no prominent role in the movie like he did in the show, Edward Olmos brought sharp wit and special twist to the character that simply couldn't be replicated by anyone else and for some reason he was like, some government puppet or something, dont remember too well. 

I don't think I need to write an essay on this movie, we all know the enormous flaws it has and it doesn't hold half a candle to it's original counterpart and that's about it. Mann tried to apply his success of Heat as well to the movie, doesn't work and it didn't work. Open and shut case of a poorly made movie/remake whatever you wanna call it.

• Like 1

Mann was more interested in visuals than he was character development in the movie, and it showed. What happened is simple...writing. That's usually what makes or breaks things like this.

• Like 1

I like Nic Rellek's videos. Discovered him a while back and while his main video's are definitely inspired by Cinema Sins I much prefer his as his are a little less snarky and nitpicky. He's also done videos on Scarface, Heat, The Warriors, and King of New York all of which I'd recommend.

On the script, pretty much a film that couldn't commit to anything. It borrowed stuff from the original show while trying to be it's own thing but scriptwise there wasn't that much meat outside of being a Smuggler's Blues remake so it fails at both being Miami Vice and it's own thing. As Assasinge said pretty open and shut case about the quality of film it is. Only thing else I can say after ranting about the film for nearly ten years on here is.. Colin Farrell's mustache ... why would he even think Crockett needed that?

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Assasinge said:

The casting was all wrong for starters, no doubt about that. If I recall correctly wasn't Jamie Foxx a bit of an arse during the movie as well? That didn't help matters either.

Foxx claims it was all his idea and he pitched it to Michael Mann.  To quote Dirty Harry, Foxx is "a legend in his own mind"

• Haha 2

You get the feeling that the film is what Mann originally wanted the show to be before everyone else got their say.

You know if Mann had his way every episode would've been as deadly serious as Smuggler's Blues. Crockett would be this brooding figure with zero sense of humor, Everything played straight. etc

I think I read that even Don Johnson was like "we need some humor Michael, we can't be serious all the time." (paraphrasing).

I had a technique to bust bad actors (ah but foxx won an oscar - i dont care): watch a movie with the sound turned off.

Now i have a better idea: turn of the audio, and increase the speed.  Thank you for improve my technique.

2 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I had a technique to bust bad actors (ah but foxx won an oscar - i dont care): watch a movie with the sound turned off.

Now i have a better idea: turn of the audio, and increase the speed.  Thank you for improve my technique.

Wait what's the point of doing this?

Okay, you asked, you got it: Colin Farrel as Crockett is simply RI-DI-CU-LOUS. Jammie Foxx as Tubbs it´s another SHAME. Well here we went already talking about of this piece of crappy movie again...

I dont know if someone posted it already but here it is...

Not that im expecting something wonderful...but anything can be better than that movie...

• Like 1