SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

Today I took a walk in the Harbour at Alvor in the Algarve Portugal.  Lovely day with the odd gust of wind.

AlvorHarbour.jpg

Boardwalk.jpg

KevBoat.jpg

Windy.jpg

WindyBaordwalk.jpg

Windyday.jpg

• Like 7

I studied a particular jacket Crockett wears on several episodes and had it tailor-made, along with a new pair of large straight white pants

image.thumb.png.049626d75e6fc8c0465007eeb69d5805.png

image.thumb.png.dd4b69453a163e626244b2d96cd6efe7.png

• Like 8

Amazing ! I know that Howe makes one very similar, but not the same. How did you ever find the correct fabric ? Awesome item.

1 hour ago, Party_car1 said:

Amazing ! I know that Howe makes one very similar, but not the same. How did you ever find the correct fabric ? Awesome item.

My tailor has these books filled with fabric samples from multiple colors and patterns so I picked the closest I could find

image.thumb.jpeg.b791ad882d5029de9cb2ec1217cf61cc.jpeg

• Like 3

Hey guys, here’s a Crockett-inspired look I am proud of. It’s a vintage linen Valentino blazer from the 80s, matched with a pink t-shirt, wide linen pants, and canvas Toms. 

1032886C-4E73-4B5B-A49F-ABDF417E4642.jpeg

8485B8A2-85AF-48BC-97CB-9787FF0AB3E5.jpeg

3808E3AB-CC34-4709-AF6A-B682BC0C0359.jpeg

Edited by MiamiVibe
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, MiamiVibe said:

Hey guys, here’s a Crockett-inspired look I am proud of. It’s a vintage linen Valentino blazer from the 80s, matched with a pink t-shirt, wide linen pants, and canvas Toms. 

Looking sharp, and welcome to the Vice family. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 12:29 AM, MiamiVibe said:

Cool outfit ! Welcome to the forum ! :)

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 12:29 AM, MiamiVibe said:

The jacket kinda makes you look like Rick Astley haha

Love the pants though, where did you get them ?

On 3/24/2024 at 11:29 PM, MiamiVibe said:

Great Blazer, Valentino is real quality.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 9:54 PM, MichaelAce said:

I studied a particular jacket Crockett wears on several episodes and had it tailor-made, along with a new pair of large straight white pants

I like how this is really sleek. On mine the patch pockets always open up and the shoulders drape differently, so it doesn't look as neat.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2024 at 6:19 PM, Little Prince said:

I like how this is really sleek. On mine the patch pockets always open up and the shoulders drape differently, so it doesn't look as neat.

Delete, wrong answer :wuerg:

Edited by Kladdagh

On 3/21/2024 at 4:54 PM, MichaelAce said:

That's 1 of my big 4 that I intend to have custom made myself someday. Though I want a brighter/lighter gray, and a regular notch lapel, rather than the shawl. In fact, every jacket I have custom made will have lapels that are more 80's style. For all the jackets I have right now, almost all of them are modern skinny/thin lapels, and I hate it lol.

• Like 1

Just got these brand new for only $17. Similar to another pair I have but the back half is dark blue/navy. Something a little different but still retains the essence of Vice, IMO. I'm going to an 80's themed costume party in a few weeks, so it'll be fun to test these out with the white suit (as per usual, lol).

20240411_234100.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/2/2024 at 9:19 AM, Little Prince said:

If I might respond to your final comment about the fit of the shoulders.  I believe the difference is that the shoulders on your jacket are more heavily constructed, which is the norm actually, but not present here with DJ’s jacket.  Notice how it rounds over his shoulders whereas yours comes to more of a point.  This is because of the padded lining added in the shoulder by your tailor.  DJ’s likely had little to none, so it drapes more like a windbreaker jacket than a constructed one.  If it were possible to put both coats on hangers next to each other, the difference would be even more obvious.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pahonu said:

If I might respond to your final comment about the fit of the shoulders.  I believe the difference is that the shoulders on your jacket are more heavily constructed, which is the norm actually, but not present here with DJ’s jacket.  Notice how it rounds over his shoulders whereas yours comes to more of a point.  This is because of the padded lining added in the shoulder by your tailor.  DJ’s likely had little to none, so it drapes more like a windbreaker jacket than a constructed one.  If it were possible to put both coats on hangers next to each other, the difference would be even more obvious.

Sorry for the confusion, I am a different poster and compared my own jacket to that of MichaelAce, and I think that his tailor did a really great job. Here is a showcase of what I mean: On mine the shoulder is rotated outwards, and by changing the slope (right side, just pinned) it looks more like the usual shoulder drape of a jacket. Cheers everyone!

jacket.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Little Prince said:

Sorry for the confusion, I am a different poster and compared my own jacket to that of MichaelAce, and I think that his tailor did a really great job. Here is a showcase of what I mean: On mine the shoulder is rotated outwards, and by changing the slope (right side, just pinned) it looks more like the usual shoulder drape of a jacket. Cheers everyone!

jacket.jpg

I didn’t mean to criticize his tailor as it is a beautiful jacket.  I was just pointing out that the jacket appears to be more heavily constructed than those worn by DJ on the show.  I’m sure his tailor could create an unconstructed jacket without the lining and padding if asked.  The unconstructed style was quite distinct to the series at the time.  This, along with the t-shirts underneath, the lack of socks, and DJ’s stubble were all quite new and trendy at the time.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Little Prince said:

jacket.jpg

Fine piece.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 3:07 AM, pahonu said:

I didn’t mean to criticize his tailor as it is a beautiful jacket.  I was just pointing out that the jacket appears to be more heavily constructed than those worn by DJ on the show.  I’m sure his tailor could create an unconstructed jacket without the lining and padding if asked.  The unconstructed style was quite distinct to the series at the time.  This, along with the t-shirts underneath, the lack of socks, and DJ’s stubble were all quite new and trendy at the time.

Well actually, it is unconstructed, just like I asked :D ! Nothing in there but light linen 

jacket1.thumb.jpg.f4285ee66fc90600d50befddd6626a91.jpgjacket2.thumb.jpg.67cf70e11e03f32a9b5d49d18c242b03.jpg

Maybe I just have square shoulders ? In which case, I take the compliment

image.thumb.jpeg.34966ca0e21a0452fc9d4f7b026460ce.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MichaelAce said:

Well actually, it is unconstructed, just like I asked :D ! Nothing in there but light linen 

jacket1.thumb.jpg.f4285ee66fc90600d50befddd6626a91.jpgjacket2.thumb.jpg.67cf70e11e03f32a9b5d49d18c242b03.jpg

Maybe I just have square shoulders ? In which case, I take the compliment

image.thumb.jpeg.34966ca0e21a0452fc9d4f7b026460ce.jpeg

I have very broad shoulders myself.  It proves problematic on airliners.  I’m not only very tall, but the shoulder width requires me to literally lean in if I’m on the aisle for the drink cart to go by. :) As far as the jacket tailoring, I would then suggest that the armhole is higher than the one DJ wore or the shoulder of the body is shorter causing the sleeve to sit higher.  

My mother was quite the amateur tailor, having patterned and constructed suits for my father.  I learned quite a bit by default.  I’m no expert by any means though.  

She made me numerous custom fitted shirts when I was a young man.  In my teens and 20’s she would ask what new shirts I would like for my birthday.  She made me everything from alohas, to guayaberas to dress shirts and more.  One year I remember her making me a banded collar dress shirt that was not terribly common, but had a bit of popularity in the 80’s.  This was way before the internet where everything is available.  I got more than one compliments wearing that one.

• Like 3

Haven't really looked around for jackets lately, as I've decided my best bet is to just get the ones I want custom made but I was just looking and found this: https://www.menswearhouse.com/p/paisley-amp-gray-slim-fit-linen-blend-variegated-stripe-sport-coat-tmw-6rpu?CAWELAID=120259610001890283#color=white%26

TMW_6RPU_10_PAISLEY_GRAY_SOFT_JACKETS_WH

Kinda reminds me of the one Don wore in "Heart of Darkness":

tumblr_p7ptn7puGo1wueatwo1_1280.jpg

Though once again, these days it's always vertical stripes instead of horizontal. A little outta my price range (at least, for something that isn't exactly the pattern I want), but I'm throwing this out there for any fellow Vicers here that may be interested.