SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

If I was a size 40, not only would I buy that right now, but I'd drive there to pick it up (Sebring is maybe 3 hours away from me). Anyway, I got a new jacket but it looks/fits kinda weird. It says it's 100% linen but the way it both looks and feels reminds me more of a robe, lol. Wasn't expensive and it does fit me well, plus it's super light, but it's very casual looking (Which I guess is good if I wanna rock it with a t-shirt and slacks).

Any idea how to get this thing looking sharp? Somehow I think ironing/pressing it like a traditional suit is not an option, lol. Also, I have another jacket coming in, hopefully tomorrow, that's also 100% linen, but it looks nothing like this one regarding the material. I'll report on that later.

20240502_175532.jpg

20240502_175545.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Any idea how to get this thing looking sharp? Somehow I think ironing/pressing it like a traditional suit is not an option, lol. Also, I have another jacket coming in, hopefully tomorrow, that's also 100% linen, but it looks nothing like this one regarding the material. I'll report on that later.

Pressing the sleeve cuffs and the pocket openings could help a great deal already. You could also try pressing the lapels in the collar area (and only there) in such a way that the lapel rolls from the button, rather than from just below your chest. Not sure if that would work though, because that shape heavily depends on the collar.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 2:55 AM, Dadrian said:

@MichaelAce your jacket is AMAZING! MiamiVibe is right about the shoulder pad part, but if you did want to try for the look in the photo below, I’m sure you could find some removable shoulder pads with Velcro (or something non-damaging). My mom had those in the 80s :) 

IMG_7709.jpeg

I didn't even know this was a thing, I'll look into it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

I didn't even know this was a thing, I'll look into it

Dadrian is spot on.  I had forgotten this from so long ago, but there were removable shoulder pads back then.

• Like 1

The sun’s finally coming out again where I’m located, the perfect opportunity to share my most recent grail; the Persol Ratti 69218’s in tortoiseshell :cool:

Got a good deal on them and was pleasantly surprised at the excellent condition they’re still in!

IMG_5595.jpeg

IMG_5601.jpeg

Edited by MiamiVibe
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, MiamiVibe said:

The sun’s finally coming out again where I’m located, the perfect opportunity to share my most recent grail; the Persol Ratti 69218’s in tortoiseshell :cool:

Got a good deal on them and was pleasantly surprised at the excellent condition they’re still in!

IMG_5595.jpeg

IMG_5601.jpeg

Congrats!!!

Do you have the black also, or just prefer the shell?

Managed to wear my black pair a couple of times already, they look really good but they definetly are harder to find than the tortoise.

Yours look really minty i must admit :p

• Like 1

Doing another random jacket search, using eBay for the first time in a long time, and came across this little diddy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276458261760?itmmeta=01HXJ7P8A3HSHBX3SZ4H3X8VRF&hash=item405e324d00:g:cQkAAOSwIaVl02sF

s-l1600.webp

Title says my size, 36S, but the description says "Size type: Regular". Price is a steal if it actually is 100% linen ($20 + $10 shipping) , but I'll inquire about the item's proper size first. What do you guys think? Reminds me a bit of the one Don wore in in season 1 (I forget which episode)

large.miamivice21.jpg.ca35bc94b97f5f6daf

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Doing another random jacket search, using eBay for the first time in a long time, and came across this little diddy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276458261760?itmmeta=01HXJ7P8A3HSHBX3SZ4H3X8VRF&hash=item405e324d00:g:cQkAAOSwIaVl02sF

s-l1600.webp

Title says my size, 36S, but the description says "Size type: Regular". Price is a steal if it actually is 100% linen ($20 + $10 shipping) , but I'll inquire about the item's proper size first. What do you guys think? Reminds me a bit of the one Don wore in in season 1 (I forget which episode)

large.miamivice21.jpg.ca35bc94b97f5f6daf

Looks nice one Michael DeLorenzo Jr there! :) 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2024 at 5:05 PM, MiamiVibe said:

IMG_5595.jpeg

IMG_5601.jpeg

Love these !

Thank you for posting pal .

I wanted this one so bad when I first saw it

Edit: The blue sleeveless shirt worn by DJ in "Red Tape" (S3)

The only thing I could find was this classic Henley at Celio:

T-shirt col henley en coton - bleu clair

Edited by MichaelAce
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MichaelAce said:

I wanted this one so bad when I first saw it

The only thing I could find was this classic Henley at Celio:

T-shirt col henley en coton - bleu clair

Love it! Could you remove the quote from your post for the “interested bidder”? If you don’t want to it’s fine—just a request.