Miami Vice the Game Beta screenshots

Assasinge

Hey guys, did a little snooping around and I found what appear to be some beta screenshots from the PC/PS2 game we've all come to hate lol!

What appears to be is he apparently had a suit in the game with a black tshirt underneath is, as well as removable shades. Unfortunately the game doesn't use Don Johnson's likeness, I ripped the head from the game and removed the shades and what stared back at me was horror, so to speak. But here it seems they had his likeness before something happened? The hud is also different as well as the weapons apparently too.

Thoughts? Looks like it had great potential and we got a slob of a mess...

2019-03-07_22h38_36.png

2019-03-07_22h38_41.png

2019-03-07_22h38_50.png

2019-03-07_22h38_29.png

2019-03-07_22h38_22.png

2019-03-07_22h38_13.png

2019-03-07_22h37_55.png

• Like 2

Cool stuff man, I remember playing the game as a kid way before I watched the show for the first time :) 

Still think someone could make a pretty badass MV game if they wanted to. Something like LA Noire and Sleeping Dogs. etc

Sure they could, but the rights stuff to do it correctly (music and so on) would be a major pain. Rockstar would be my choice because of how they obsess about getting little details right, but they don't like working with outside voice acting talent anymore, and it just wouldn't be Vice without DJ, EJO, and so on doing the voices (I don't think you could repeat the coup Scarface had in that realm). Honestly I'd prefer there be no game as opposed to a crappy one.

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Sure they could, but the rights stuff to do it correctly (music and so on) would be a major pain. Rockstar would be my choice because of how they obsess about getting little details right, but they don't like working with outside voice acting talent anymore, and it just wouldn't be Vice without DJ, EJO, and so on doing the voices (I don't think you could repeat the coup Scarface had in that realm). Honestly I'd prefer there be no game as opposed to a crappy one.

If they were to do something like Miami Vice, they WOULD try to get the actual actors though. Rockstar don't like using big stars in their projects anymore because they want their characters to be more unique. They want the player to identify the character as the character, not "That's Ray Liotta, that's Danny Trejo". Something like that... They think it helps with the immersion factor and developing emotions for the protagonist so you feel more of the story, which it probably does if you're not going through the whole story thinking of the voice actor. 

Not to mention it's likely cheaper to hire no name voice actors. 

The Warriors game had original voice, so if that's anything to go by... When Rockstar makes something based off a movie or TV show, they'll do it justice. But they probably never will, more likely to get a 80s Miami Noire game. 

They started turning away from name voice actors around the time of San Andreas and GTA III when they had some issues working with people (at least that's my understanding). They still use them on occasion (including Red Dead II), but that's the exception rather than the rule. I also think they're the only company that could swing the music rights aspect of it (or would be willing to do so). They also voice pretty much every character in their games. One story I heard stated they had a larger actor payroll for Red Dead than Broadway does for their shows.

Speaking of Noir, though, it's amazing how many of the voice actors from that game show up on TV (The Shield, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, and so on). You could almost make a solid drinking game out of spotting them in shows.

I wouldn't mind them using different actors as long as they would be allowed to keep the likenesses. Sure the music licensing is a pain in the butt but most open world games fork out the dough for it.  Mafia 3 must've spent like half it's budget on music, as they obviously didn't spend anything on the actual game:D

MV used the Rolling Stones, The Doors, Hendrix too so If Mafia 3 can get that music, surely it can't be that difficult for a MV game. And they'd need to pay for the Jan Hammer music too.

One can only dream, it would be so cool.;(