Why did Sagot kill the two girls?

RedDragon86

I have watched this great episode (One Way Ticket) numerous times but I have always wondered why he would do something so brutal and evil, killing two young girls like that, it wasn't necessary, just kill Langley and go. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

They were witnesses to the murder.   

Yeah I know, so was everyone else. I guess he was just an evil S.O.B.!    or a very poor shot...

3 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

They were witnesses to the murder

I am not questioning this in a flawed way, its not criticism, I am questioning the character and he was in disguise wasn't he? just wondering what is going through his head. 

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Well, he did say “twins are bad luck”. Maybe he was that superstitious. 

Now that's interesting.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

He was a nutball. And usually plays one (he pops up a fair amount in crime shows and usually plays that kind of character).

He comes across to me as a narcissistic person, like everybody is beneath him, so full of himself.

2 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

He was a nutball. And usually plays one (he pops up a fair amount in crime shows and usually plays that kind of character).

That guys a regular actor? I thought they found him off the street or something. :)

He got an unusual look and voice, he made a good villain

6 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

That guys a regular actor? I thought they found him off the street or something. :)

He got an unusual look and voice, he made a good villain

He was brilliant.

Lothaire Bluteau -he's been on Law & Order SVU, NCIS Los Angeles, The Unit, 24, and a bunch of other stuff. He played bad guys rather like Sagot on SVU and NCIS: LA.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

this is quite funny coz actually that guy look sympathetic to me. i mean i really don't see him killing anyone

He was a pretty boy psycho, reminds me of Patrick Bateman. 

• Like 1

actually i watch quite a lot of criminal cases on TV (love the psychiatric side of the thing). and the worst sociopaths have always angel faces. i won't post pictures as it's old cases for the most, and they have a right to oblivion. but right now in 10s i can give you 3-4 names. you see them you say they are the perfect human being, the perfect son-in-law or whatever. and when you see their crimes you say it's impossible a human being can do such things :)

A sociopath almost by definition is going to know how to hide in plain sight. It also helps for TV if they make them attractive just to accentuate the "I can't believe he'd do that" effect when law enforcement catches up with them. There's an interesting scene on "The Shield" where one of the detectives (Billings, who for the most part is pretty inept) comments that Dutch (the detective who's always chasing and catching serial killers and is fascinated with the FBI's BAU) is so good at catching them because he's so much like them. I could ramble on quite a bit about the BAU folks on "Criminal Minds," but that's another story...:cool:

• Like 1

true. sociopaths unlike us have to think the good and the bad. unlike us who feel them. they're into construction all the time. i read an interesting article once about this. it said that giving love to your kids was crucial in making them feel empathy or not, and make them turn into a sociopath, or not. but it's a bit OT