Crockett's gray S1 blazer

BunMVO

Hey guys, I hate to blow up the fashion forum too much but it really does fascinate me. I know I'm not the only one. Indulging in cool clothes is my guilty pleasure.

I've been looking around for quite some time for any information on this blazer which Sonny wears in a number of S1 episodes. From what I've gathered:

• It's probably raw silk
  • It probably retailed for over a thousand dollars (obviously)
  • It is most likely designed by Gianni Versace or another high-fashion Italian designer
  • It appears to be unlined or only partially lined

That's about it. Pretty vague. I know a lot of stuff like this is super hard to find. Here are some pics.

I've come to the realization that is probably my second-favorite jacket in the show (the iconic white one can't be beaten) and one of my favorite combos. I have searched high and low for such an item. There is a Zegna blazer that is somewhat similar, however it is mostly linen, partly wool and partly silk and it is fully lined. Also, it's bidding at over $100 now, so I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger on it.

Any other fashion experts that would know how or where to find something like this? 

The only thing that has been sort of helpful is searching for "space dye". New Look has a space-dye blazer in a somewhat similar color, but it's purely synthetic fibers and fully lined, which indicates poor quality and would be hotter than hell to wear.

779399cd20237eb983bd132398d46ba8.jpg

don-johnson-miami-vice-1986-D5MR9X.jpg

HWUKXA3ITVF3BE4AHARTUTQEJE.JPG

• Like 3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1600-Ermenegildo-Z-ZEGNA-Grey-LINEN-SILK-WOOL-Blazer-Jacket-50IT-40US-UK/113689047430?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Update: I initially lost the auction, but luckily the auction winner didn't pay so he messaged me and let me buy it. It is fully lined, so that is a problem, but I may see if a tailor can remove some of the lining if possible. I know it's 33% wool, but it's also 66% linen and silk, so it will probably be fine in the heat.

Did you click on the link to the eBay listing? Here you go:

s-l1600.jpg

Oh, and also, I imagine it's actually not that light in real life, just the lighting makes it appear so. I will have to see when I get it. Plus there's some other pictures on the eBay listing.

Edited by pmconroy
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, codemaster94 said:

You BETTER post pics when you get it!

Oh, absolutely I plan on it.

30 minutes ago, James said:

Wow, sick find bro! You gotta show us when you receive it now. :thumbsup:

For sure. I will be adding to the MV style thread soon!

• 5 weeks later...

That's another favorite of mine too, but my absolute favorite isn't the classic white, it's the Blue/Gray striped one Don wore in "No Exit". I don't care how many stares I get, I LOVE that pattern.

That one is indeed cool. I like the pattern, but I don’t like the fit all that much. It seems like the shoulders are heavily padded and the chest is taken in, creating kind of a formal look. Other than that, it’s beautiful.

35 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

I wonder, is there even a name for that pattern? It looks like an animal print.

Looks like a small zebra print. I think coop owns that jacket now. Many pics posted here. 

11 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

My favorite jacket in the entire series is this season 4 jacket. You don't know the things I'd do to have this in my size.

a9fa34f735b48c56b0cbb1931c987dfb.jpg

Yes the Season 4 jacket - looked like silk.

Seen in “Amen...Send Money” first then “Like A Huuricane” and others.

Edited by Matt5

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Looks like a small zebra print. I think coop owns that jacket now. Many pics posted here. 

Yes, it’s a bit flamboyant for my tastes, but still looks really clean.

7 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

This white one is my favorite Crockett blazer from "Lombard" anybody got this one? :)

Image result for miami vice lombard

Not that I’m aware of. I think coop had a similar one maybe. It’s really more of a jacket than a blazer. I love that one too. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

That grey blazer is definitely my favorite too, and it's pretty much timeless. The fit was less billowy than a lot of those he went on to wear after season 1. I wish I could find one, same color and design, 2 button, etc. 

5 hours ago, TheBustedFlush said:

That grey blazer is definitely my favorite too, and it's pretty much timeless. The fit was less billowy than a lot of those he went on to wear after season 1. I wish I could find one, same color and design, 2 button, etc. 

Honestly. I'd probably pay like $300 for this jacket, it would be more valuable to me than any other clothing article I have.

• Like 2

I'm on the lookout for the gray one too. That's near the top of my list as well. I'm a 42-44, but if I find one in a different size I'll let you know.

Edited by Titus

1 hour ago, Titus said:

I'm on the lookout for the gray one too. That's near the top of my list as well. I'm a 42-44, but if I find one in a different size I'll let you know.

Thanks pal, I’ll do the same.