General YouTube thread

Marc

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for random videos that don't fit anywhere else.

Edit: original link got removed so here's a classic. Rendezvous (1976)

The film was shot in a single take, without any special effects or stuntmen, with the director driving the car.

Edited by Marc

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 10:33 PM, Marc said:

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for random videos that don't fit anywhere else.

Edit: original link got removed so here's a classic. Rendezvous (1976)

perfect mo.. i hope he got jailed for years

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

i really don't know why i've been looking that vid something like 20 times between yesterday, and today

so stupid, i laugh like a donkey each time

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching lots of videos on this guy's channel, they all have millions of views. It's interesting watching an in depth inspection which show where the ash trays or how they electric windows work. It making the reality of owning them more honest.

• Like 2

Well, that was fun!

You're right. It was honest. This guy loves driving it, but he had so many negative things to say about the interior design, I thought at times, he was making fun of it.

It's interesting to go on Youtube and see this video with the comments. Of course, Miami Vice and DJ are discussed. 

Thanks for posting!

Edited by mjcmmv

• Administrators
On 8/1/2019 at 5:39 PM, jpaul1 said:

i really don't know why i've been looking that vid something like 20 times between yesterday, and today

so stupid, i laugh like a donkey each time

Ok, now that's too funny!

How did you copy the link and post it here? I hate Facebook!

• Administrators
On 5/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, Daytona74 said:

I'm not normally a fan of ventriloquist acts, but this is absolutely hilarious :D

The ones with Akmed The Terrorist" are great too that he does. 

I clicked on this, it's a bit meh but the video (made for another Christopher Cross song) is really slick.

In the related videos was this, that's the Rick & Morty creator Justin Roiland taking the piss out of it. :)

Hi!

Otto Waalkes is a very famous comedian in germany. He's on stage for over 40 years now. I saw him live twice.

The clip obove is from his third movie "Otto - der Außerfriesische" from 1989. Major parts of the plot act in Miami and were also shot there. In this movie Otto meets also Crockett and Tubbs. You can see a picture of that scene here. Sure they're were not starred by DJ and PMT. I guess it were two unknown local actors that were hired direct in Miami. But interestingly the actor who plays Crockett was dubbed by Don Johnsons usual german dubbing actor Reent Reins, who has also dubbed DJ in all MV episodes. Tubbs is silent in this scene.

In this movie not only MV gets spoofed also Knight Rider and Crocodile Dundee. Even the Miami Vice Theme is part of the soundtrack, but not the original version of Jan Hammer, a cover version was used.

Greetings,

Andreas

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:19 PM, NoDayWithoutVice said:

Hi!

Otto Waalkes is a very famous comedian in germany. He's on stage for over 40 years now. I saw him live twice.

The clip obove is from his third movie "Otto - der Außerfriesische" from 1989. Major parts of the plot act in Miami and were also shot there. In this movie Otto meets also Crockett and Tubbs. You can see a picture of that scene here. Sure they're were not starred by DJ and PMT. I guess it were two unknown local actors that were hired direct in Miami. But interestingly the actor who plays Crockett was dubbed by Don Johnsons usual german dubbing actor Reent Reins, who has also dubbed DJ in all MV episodes. Tubbs is silent in this scene.

In this movie not only MV gets spoofed also Knight Rider and Crocodile Dundee. Even the Miami Vice Theme is part of the soundtrack, but not the original version of Jan Hammer, a cover version was used.

Greetings,

Andreas

Cool! I clicked on some little clips and I liked the physical comedy. Even though I didn't understand the language a lot of still worked. There was a bit with a retractable dog lead that I think from the same movie really made me laugh. It seemed universal like Jacques Tati. 

• 1 month later...