So I bought Crockett’s phone

Dadrian

I informed @Paul Veres about this deal ! We were just chatting  80s phones the other day.  Lets see if he is interested. If I would be a US resident I would definitely go for it.

Edited by Kalci

6 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

Man, the CD with personal message is worth 50 bucks alone...

1 minute ago, Kalci said:

I informed @Paul Veres about this deal ! We were just chatting  80s phones the other day.  Lets see if he is interested. If I would be a US resident I would definitely go for it.

Thanks guys. I now have (2) different models for $25 each:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234889294226?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pubP6yz6RwS&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=pubP6yz6RwS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234889292229?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pubP6yz6RwS&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=pubP6yz6RwS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kalci said:

I also bought mine from the U.S., and like you, I live in Europe (not in EU though). Yes, the shipping rate was slightly disproportional, but there were no extra taxes whatsoever, so if you really want this, being outside the U.S. should be no excuse. I also bought the letter scale from Sonny's desk last year, which weighs a ton, and had it shipped over. Sacrifices, man...they have to be made sometimes :p

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, daytona365 said:

I also bought mine from the U.S., and like you, I live in Europe (not in EU though). Yes, the shipping rate was slightly disproportional, but there were no extra taxes whatsoever, so if you really want this, being outside the U.S. should be no excuse. I also bought the letter scale from Sonny's desk last year, which weighs a ton, and had it shipped over. Sacrifices, man...they have to be made sometimes :p

What's that letter scale, can you show?

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Which one is "better"? :)
I'm up for anything for 25 bucks, but since I'm the least MV educated one here, please help me understand which one is more Miami Vice or Miami 80s one way or another. And which one is in better condition. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paul Veres said:

Which one is "better"? :)
I'm up for anything for 25 bucks, but since I'm the least MV educated one here, please help me understand which one is more Miami Vice or Miami 80s one way or another. And which one is in better condition. 

Thanks.

The one with the guy’s face on the box is maybe a little more screen-accurate, since it has the correct number of buttons on the back. 

The other one has more buttons, but is more screen-accurate on the shape

So it’s up to you which (if either) of those details matters more to you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

The one with the guy’s face on the box is maybe a little more screen-accurate, since it has the correct number of buttons on the back. 

The other one has more buttons, but is more screen-accurate on the shape

So it’s up to you which (if either) of those details matters more to you. 

Analyzing the photographs more I see what you're saying now. We need 800/801 shape with 610/611 4x3 (and not 4x4) buttons.

602099__88163.1607634840.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

image.jpeg.4868cb500a2502c4a15df94b9c4fb810.jpeg

So which model was in the show if it's neither of these too?

It's totally called "Miami Vice phone" by sellers, e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/153766886232

Edited by Paul Veres
  • Like 1

Looks like I fooled around and clued somebody into the phone I was gonna buy for $59. It’s gone now. :)  :tasse_prost:

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Looks like I fooled around and clued somebody into the phone I was gonna buy for $59. It’s gone now. :)  :tasse_prost:

Wait don't tell me it's this:

image.png.0471b26348e8fe644ba079bfa747f256.png

After I asked you the question about which model was actually in the show, I figured I can find out myself, and realized it was MP-601, and I found this apparently unused one on eBay for $59, and thought it's a great deal and bought it. Like 5 minutes ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Veres said:

Wait don't tell me it's this:

image.png.0471b26348e8fe644ba079bfa747f256.png

After I asked you the question about which model was actually in the show, I figured I can find out myself, and realized it was MP-601, and I found this apparently unused one on eBay for $59, and thought it's a great deal and bought it. Like 5 minutes ago.

No I’m glad for you!! 

I didn’t mean it negatively. My apologies if it came off that way. 

Theres another one on there I’ll get. 

It’s no big deal honestly! Enjoy!! :thumbsup: :clap:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

No I’m glad for you!! 

I didn’t mean it negatively. My apologies if it came off that way. 

Theres another one on there I’ll get. 

It’s no big deal honestly! Enjoy!! :thumbsup: :clap:

Thanks Dadrian! Oh no, nothing came across negatively in any way.

I was just also surprised I found the right model so quickly on eBay, because from what I read here it sounded like it's tough to find it, and I never even thought of this whole topic before today. But it is a great memorabilia indeed, and if it is as new as the listing suggests, maybe it even works and I could somehow figure out how to use it. Just waiting for the seller to react now...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Veres said:

Thanks Dadrian! Oh no, nothing came across negatively in any way.

I was just also surprised I found the right model so quickly on eBay, because from what I read here it sounded like it's tough to find it, and I never even thought of this whole topic before today. But it is a great memorabilia indeed, and if it is as new as the listing suggests, maybe it even works and I could somehow figure out how to use it. Just waiting for the seller to react now...

Awesome!

Honestly, that had been on my watch list so long I’d forgotten about it till a few minutes ago. 

There will always be one or two available, and I’ll get one when the time comes. 

I’m glad your time was today! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Paul Veres said:

What's that letter scale, can you show?

It's basically the screen accurate helipad for the little red helicopter...

image.png

• Like 4

7 hours ago, daytona365 said:

It's basically the screen accurate helipad for the little red helicopter...

image.png

Got it, thanks. Nice desk setup!

• Thanks 1