Tommy's diet in One Way Ticket

mirrorimageegamirorrim

In "One Way Ticket" Tommy says she is eating nothing but trout and white wine for a week.  I have always found this interesting because it's random that she was cooking in a garage and seems like a strange thing to include in an episode.  Was the trout/white wine combination a dietary fad at that time or does it bear some other kind of special significance or is there nothing more to this than some filler dialogue? 

• Like 1

I never thought about it, but it's an interesting question. Tommy was a lot of fun! The fact that she was a talented female car mechanic and Sonny trusted her with his "baby" made her pretty special and I wish she had been in more episodes. I think that scene of her cooking in the garage gave the impression that this was her home away from home-cars were her life, and she was in her element.  As far as her menu goes, I picture her getting the trout from some other customer who liked to fish. Never had trout, so I can't relate to her enthusiasm, but it was funny. It also showed that she COULD cook, not just fix expensive "macho-mobiles"! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

In "One Way Ticket" Tommy says she is eating nothing but trout and white wine for a week.  I have always found this interesting because it's random that she was cooking in a garage and seems like a strange thing to include in an episode.  Was the trout/white wine combination a dietary fad at that time or does it bear some other kind of special significance or is there nothing more to this than some filler dialogue? 

Interesting - I remember that now.:cheers:

Well fish and oftentimes tuna is a weightlifting thing. I think fish is considered a good way to get protein w/out the fat plus the fish oil. Wine is supposed to be good for the circulation but usually I hear red wine associated with that.

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

I think it was just a way for them to establish her as being eccentric. 

Agreed. 

I love it when she tells the guy at the bar “Skol” when he hasn't even asked to buy her a drink. :) (Florence Italy)

Edited by Dadrian
  • Haha 1