Best episode endings?

Rattlehead

Little Miss Dangerous' ending stunned me the first time I saw it. It certainly left an impression on me.

Definitely Miami's last few minutes are classic Vice and make the episode one that defines the show.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

Hands down   "Out Where The Buses Don't Run"

Absolutely! 

Maybe “Definitely Miami” in a far, far second place—certainly not a happy ending, but an unforgettable moment with Sonny standing alone on the beach with that song. 

• Like 1

Agree on OWTBDR and Definitely Miami. My favorite part of the DM ending is Castillo staring down at Dalva. Totally classic. DM also managed to run two noir plots at the same time. A nice trick, honestly. I also like Death and the Lady's ending.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Absolutely! 

Maybe “Definitely Miami” in a far, far second place—certainly not a happy ending, but an unforgettable moment with Sonny standing alone on the beach with that song. 

Also absolutely for Out Where the Busses Don't Run.  I would put Little Miss Dangerous second, then Red Tape.

Out Where The Buses Don't Run is a contender, but for me, Milk Run's ending was more powerful, so it's my favorite. 

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, vicegirl85 said:

Also loved the ending of By Hooker by Crook for an unforgettable Sonny moment and song.

Oops, idk what I was thinking. 

This one may be a tie for me personally with Buses, @Ferrariman. Not as dramatic, but just as powerful (in a different way). Maybe because I got broken up with a lot. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

Beside the ones already mentioned, I'd vote for the pilot. Not the typical happy end, neither a tragical one. But a very interesting one, and the conversation between Sonny and Rico about him staying in Florida was nice! It was the start of a great friend- and partnership. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, squeezem3 said:

Beside the ones already mentioned, I'd vote for the pilot. Not the typical happy end, neither a tragical one. But a very interesting one, and the conversation between Sonny and Rico about him staying in Florida was nice! It was the start of a great friend- and partnership. 

Yes! That's a good choice!!! 

• Like 1

Loved the Pilot ending and the series finale “Freefall”ending - brought the show full circle. 

“Line of Fire” and “Jack of all Trades” had nice endings quite nice. “Forgive Us Our Debts” was just wow - it tricked the viewer.

Loved the ending in Season 5s “To Have and To Hold” aka Second Chance with Crockett and Tubbs fishing and talking - just great.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

There were so many great ones that people love for different reasons, I think I'd rather list my top five: 

Milk Run, Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Forgive Us Out Debts, Mirror Image, Good Collar, 

• Like 1

Yes, so many great endings!  OWTBDR is one I can watch over and over!  I also love the ending of To Have and to Hold, with Crockett and Tubbs talking while performing sanity maintenance.

• Like 1

Forgive Us Our Debts-i really didn't see this coming after all C & T went through to solve things

Deliver Us From Evil-Hackman finally gets his in the somewhat controversial ending. "Wrong"

Calderone's Demise-Calderone gets his too finally in an ending that I find highly emotional. The shot of Sonny rolling on the floor while firing has since become iconic. Tubbs gets revenge but it isn't exactly how he thought it would be.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

Forgive Us Our Debts-i really didn't see this coming after all C & T went through to solve things

Deliver Us From Evil-Hackman finally gets his in the somewhat controversial ending. "Wrong"

Calderone's Demise-Calderone gets his too finally in an ending that I find highly emotional. The shot of Sonny rolling on the floor while firing has since become iconic. Tubbs gets revenge but it isn't exactly how he thought it would be.

Thats brilliant put, like in life somethings never turn out as you imagine. Crockett killing Calderone was a great decision, very realistic. 

• Like 1

Great choices! I must've had a brain fart as I didn't think of OWTBDR. Powerful ending, I recall watching the first time I saw the episode and shock/sadness overcame me.

Forgive Us Our Debts was another shocker for me. A real jaw dropper, I felt awful for Crockett.

Deliver Us From Evil's ending was a treat. The first time, I didn't notice Hackman had a gun!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Great choices! I must've had a brain fart as I didn't think of OWTBDR. Powerful ending, I recall watching the first time I saw the episode and shock/sadness overcame me.

Forgive Us Our Debts was another shocker for me. A real jaw dropper, I felt awful for Crockett.

Deliver Us From Evil's ending was a treat. The first time, I didn't notice Hackman had a gun!

I agree great choices and “Forgive Us Our Debts” that was amazing and a complete suprise. Very clever 

Great script by Gustave Reininger and I read Michael Mann handpicked Jan Eliasberg to direct that episode.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 11:52 AM, mjcmmv said:

Good topic, Rattlehead!! 

I had to add on to the thread. Someone mentioned how great the ending was in "To Have and To Hold". It's been so long since I saw that one that I forgot all about it. Saw it today, and I have to agree, it was a terrific ending!! Even the music was great!! "Carry Me" by Chris Deburgh.   It was playing in the background while Sonny and Rico were fishing off the St. Vitus and they were discussing the tough time they were having with relationships...."The one that got away," Sonny says, referring to Caroline. I really loved it!!

• Like 1

Yeah, that was an excellent moment between Tubbs and Crockett. Almost felt like I'd fit right in with them!

El Viejo's last few minutes are spectacular. Great, moody song to go along with the dark cemetary setting. Jake was badass in taking down Mendez's guys. His final words though...did he really know Crockett was a cop? :)

Edited by Rattlehead
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Yeah, that was an excellent moment between Tubbs and Crockett. Almost felt like I'd fit right in with them!

El Viejo's last few minutes are spectacular. Great, moody song to go along with the dark cemetary setting. Jake was badass in taking down Mendez's guys. His final words though...did he really know Crockett was a cop? :)

Yes, that was a good one, too. Willie Nelson was perfect as the Texas Ranger!

I have a friend who disagreed with the end of Heart of Darkness. He felt the bar scene and the twist that Artie killed himself were unnecessary. I wish we got more scenes of the crew just relaxing outside of work! Also, I felt that twist was excellent. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wow “out where the buses don’t run” was really unforgettable and unexpected. “Little miss dangerous “ was unforgettable as well but I might rank it after “definitely Miami”, absolutely loved the two story lines playing out intensely in the end and the music was memorable just like sonny staring out into the sunset and Castillo staring down the Dalva . But I have to say that the one of my favorites so far is “the good collar” it was so touching and memorable… maybe cause it feels relatable from the kids perspective and Sonny’s perspective who anticipates the result of all this and I was touched seeing that kid lose his future for trying to do better and not to mention the lost of the young officer Ramirez who would have been proud of the streets being clean. It’s hard to choose because generally every episode has a twist in the end that makes it unforgettable. Nonetheless Miami Vice is a great show and it gets your heart rate going.