Yet another MV article >

S.FL84

https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/tv/article2261012.html

I never cease to be amazed how MV is STILL being cited as a highwater mark in American culture.  If I'm wrong show me another show of any genre that referred back to as MV.  I'll save you the trouble....there isn't one.  The sociological implications of MV are truly staggering.

I think the biggest thing re: any TV show is what did it change?  How big of an impact did it have and what did it have that impact on?  MV impacted too many things to name in one forum post.  The ^ article's quote of Switek says it all when he said you could feel the change.  I can still clearly remember the electricity and anticipation in the air during the first few minutes of the first scene of that particular week's episode.  The show was breaking new ground every freakin' week.  Jeez its nice to think back and still be able to feel that first season's excitement.  Its easy to see how every damn big name actor or musical artist wanted just a bit part or have a few seconds of their music used in a minor scene.  The show was just incredible!

I mean hell...think about it...MV was "only" on 1984-89 but its just as known now as then.  < Thats screaming a helluva lotta cultural impact on America friends.  I've said it before and I'll sure say it alot me...in 1984-85 Don Johnson was as close as any person has ever come to being as popular as Elvis freakin' Presley and < thats no exaggeration.  Hell...he mighta been more popular.  To look at it another way mentally compress the past THIRTY..repeat THIRTY freakin years into those same five years MV was in production DJ was living damn near an entire week for every 24hrs from 1984-89.  I don't know how he slept.  

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/issues-ideas/article2267678.html

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, S.FL84 said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/tv/article2261012.html

I never cease to be amazed how MV is STILL being cited as a highwater mark in American culture.  If I'm wrong show me another show of any genre that referred back to as MV.  I'll save you the trouble....there isn't one.  The sociological implications of MV are truly staggering.

I think the biggest thing re: any TV show is what did it change?  How big of an impact did it have and what did it have that impact on?  MV impacted too many things to name in one forum post.  The ^ article's quote of Switek says it all when he said you could feel the change.  I can still clearly remember the electricity and anticipation in the air during the first few minutes of the first scene of that particular week's episode.  The show was breaking new ground every freakin' week.  Jeez its nice to think back and still be able to feel that first season's excitement.  Its easy to see how every damn big name actor or musical artist wanted to read just a bit part or have a few seconds of their music used in a minor scene.  The show was just incredible!

Great article!  Thanks so much for sharing!

5 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

That's really one of the most unflattering pics of DJ. He looks like a wasted rock star yelliing for his hangover medicine.

OMG, I agree!! It's AWFUL!!! :)   

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

Michael Talbott: "We never filmed in the rain because Miami was the star..."

Love that!...although, I clearly remember the rain scenes outside of the hotel room in "Milk Run" as Jan Hammer's piece titled "Rain" played. :-)

(((Oh, that Pepe Moya was a bad man!)))

Thanks for sharing!

milk-run-0042.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OCBman said:

Michael Talbott: "We never filmed in the rain because Miami was the star..."

Love that!...although, I clearly remember the rain scenes outside of the hotel room in "Milk Run" as Jan Hammer's piece titled "Rain" played. :-)

(((Oh, that Pepe Moya was a bad man!)))

Thanks for sharing!

milk-run-0042.jpg

I think they intentionally filmed in the rain, at night rain gives it a great atmospheric feel, after all Jan's song is called "Rain" Also I think he probably meant during the day, well that was probably the original idea, no doubt from Michael Mann's perspective, but in season 3 there was a scene in the rain in the day during the episode "Knock Knock Who's There" Always thought that didn't look right, kind of depressing.

Edited by RedDragon86

On 4/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, Bren10 said:

That's really one of the most unflattering pics of DJ. He looks like a wasted rock star yelliing for his hangover medicine.

Maybe he was...

• Like 1