Why wasn't this incredible iconic 80's song used an ep.?

S.FL84

22 minutes ago, S.FL84 said:

If there ever was a song that personified the 1980's its ^ this incredible song.  Why wasn't it ever used in an ep I"ll never understand.

I remember my entire family liking this song. It’s indeed very Season 4 or 5 in texture.

I bought the CD (“Blue”) years ago. I really like it, but “Captain of Her Heart” is by far the best track. 

Try inability to secure rights. That could be one reason. And it might be iconic for one aspect of the 1980s, but not all of it. The crowd I ran with would have laughed this one right off the radio. The 80s was a decade of many perspectives coming into focus at the same time. Vice certainly caught the pop sensibilities of the decade, but that wasn't the only thing going on. Not by a long shot.

15 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I remember my entire family liking this song. It’s indeed very Season 4 or 5 in texture.

I bought the CD (“Blue”) years ago. I really like it, but “Captain of Her Heart” is by far the best track. 

Very true.  It never would've worked in season 1 or 2.  < MV was moving sooo fast every week in the first two seasons as Michael Talbot observed. Season three at the earliest. In hindsight they should've announced upfront MV was only going to run for three seasons but that'd never happen. 

1 hour ago, S.FL84 said:

Very true.  It never would've worked in season 1 or 2.  < MV was moving sooo fast every week in the first two seasons as Michael Talbot observed. Season three at the earliest. In hindsight they should've announced upfront MV was only going to run for three seasons but that'd never happen. 

Also, I don’t think this song was released till 1987. :D