You can spend a night on the St. Vitus Dance!

Caroline Crockett

An article was posted here a couple of weeks back, but I didn’t realize it could be rented. Great idea!

28 minutes ago, Caroline Crockett said:

I thought the St. Vitus Dance was long gone, then I saw this article in the Miami Herald.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article228729039.html

It's in Key West and can be rented! http://www.keywestsailingadventure.com/index.html

I know what I'm gonna ask for my next birthday...

st_vitus_dance_stern_name_1.jpeg

That would be a dream come true! Too bad there aren't any sailors in my family! :)

Edited by mjcmmv

4 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

That would be a dream come true! Too bad there aren't any sailors in my family! :)

I've sailed for almost 25 years and have been aboard an Endeavour 42.  They're quite roomy below with the center cockpit design.  In fact, when new they were referred to as the RV's of sailboats, designed to live aboard, because they had such good accommodations.  Unfortunately this means they weren't exactly fast on the water or very quick to maneuver but those are all trade-offs.  

Unless it's described as a bare-boat charter, it likely has crew aboard, or at least a captain.  You wouldn't need much sailing experience at all in that case.  Depending on the layout, it could sleep 4-6 aboard, two in the V-berth, 2 in the stern cabin, and possibly two in the saloon.  It also has two heads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pahonu said:

I've sailed for almost 25 years and have been aboard an Endeavour 42.  They're quite roomy below with the center cockpit design.  In fact, when new they were referred to as the RV's of sailboats, designed to live aboard, because they had such good accommodations.  Unfortunately this means they weren't exactly fast on the water or very quick to maneuver but those are all trade-offs.  

Unless it's described as a bare-boat charter, it likely has crew aboard, or at least a captain.  You wouldn't need much sailing experience at all in that case.  Depending on the layout, it could sleep 4-6 aboard, two in the V-berth, 2 in the stern cabin, and possibly two in the saloon.  It also has two heads.

That's really good to know! Thanks. I may actually look into this!

18 minutes ago, Kladdagh said:

That is a nice boat for sure ... 

Will you try to grab it ?

I would love to, but sadly, I'm not in the position to take advantage of it right now. A few years ago, maybe, :(

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

At least, I can dream! 

And You have to ...

I really hope you will do whatever it takes to reach your dreams 

And Beyond ...

:)

Edited by Kladdagh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kladdagh said:

And You have to ...

I really hope you will do whatever it takes to reach your dreams 

And Beyond ...

:)

Thank you! That made my day!! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

A friend of mine just posted this boat for sail. It sure looks a lot like the St. Vitus. Tempting....

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/79442?fbclid=IwAR1f3NGSUyQTNGOGRNexppOpQOYH2_-GYPdqqvBfgum122K03W0kbkPSrQ4

Island Packets are waaay better boats than Endeavors, as the price suggests.  They're designed and built for true blue water cruising.  You could cruise around the world in one.  The Endeavor is a shallow-keel coastal cruiser.  My Columbia is also a coastal cruiser, though with a deeper keel for the West coast.  Your friends boat a lot closer to the Cabo Rico in the MV pilot than the later Endeavours.  Cabo Rico's are also excellent blue water boats.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

Thanks! I was hoping someone could tell me how it compared to the St. Vitus!

That being said, the Endeavour has better accommodations, as I said before.  If your plans are gunkholing the US East coast or cruising the Florida Keys, the Endeavour is just fine and roomier below for its length.  If you want to go further afield, I wouldn't do it in the Endeavour.   

• Thanks 1