Favorite Recipes?

timm525

• Administrators

OK Gang,In response to the thread on how to make this web site better, I am adding a favorite recipe thread here.If you have a favorite recipe that you love to make, post 'em here.Please remember to include the following in your posts:Ingredients: Sizes, measures, quantities?Special Prep: What do you need to do to prep the food?Cooking Times: Temperature and times needed?Quantity Fed: How many will this recipe feed?Let's have some fun with this one.I can't wait to hear what you all love to cook.I have a few of my own I will be posting at a later date.Soooo, post away!

To save time in typing, you can scan, and post the recipe from a cook book, or from your recipe files.Then, we can use the printer to print it out!

My Tacos are nothing special. Just basic tacos.However, I like to use this to hold up my tacos as I fill them, and set them down. It's disposeable holders for tacos!I scanned them for you to see.Eingefügtes Bild

We use Stand and Stuff tacos with a flat instead of curved bottom.

Seems to make more sense that way Gina.

• Administrators

Those are cool too, but I prefer the "Super Stuffer" shells by "Old El Paso".You can get a lot more in them as they are so much bigger.I of course have to use a rack so that they don't fall over.

I'm so touched that my ridiculous request has been accommodated, so I figure I'd better post something. This is my all-time favorite chicken marinade, for chicken that is going to be grilled. Measurements are approximate, as I usually just eyeball it.1/4 Cup olive oil1/2 cup white wine1 small onion, finely diced1/4 cup dijon mustardas much fresh, crushed garlic as you can standCracked black pepper to taste.Marinade as many as six chicken breasts for up to 24 hours, at least 5 to 8 hours. Holy crap is this good.Tip to get the "grill marks": heat grill to high for approx ten minutes, place chicken smooth side down for two minutes. Flip and reduce heat to low-medium, finish cooking on the new side for 6 to 8 minutes. You know the chicken is done when you press down with your finger and it feels like the center of your palm.

The Famous "Let's Drink a Few Beers and Watch Vice" 7-Layer dip.In a 9 x 13 pan, layer in this order:1 can refried beans1 medium container sour cream (I usually only use about 3/4 of the container)1 small can sliced black olives1 jar salsa2 roma tomatoes finely dicedApprox 6 to 8 green onions sliced1 8-oz. bag of finely shredded cheddar cheese. (I like a little more than 8-oz. myself)Serve with plain tortilla chipsBest if you can let it sit for a day before you dive in, but it's good immediately, too. Make it ahead of time, and you'll have a ready-made snack when the beer munchies hit during the second episode of your marathon.