Anyone gonna be in Miami this summer?

S.FL84

Is anyone gonna to be in MIami this summer?  Or would anyone be interested in meeting in Miami to tour some shooting locations?  Spirit Airlines is about $150 RT from just about anywhere and decent (think Tubb's room in the pilot ep.) hotel rooms are going for less than $75/nt this summer.  I think it'd be a helluva lotta fun to tour some MV shooting locations. 

Edited by S.FL84

I just think it'd be a helluva lotta fun to go as a group of MV fans and see some of the locations that were used in the first couple of seasons, before everyone who made the show great left by the end of season 3.  Those first couple of seasons were pure magic and to actually walk where C&T walked and were filmed would be a lotta fun IMO.

I can't do November.  Besides you'd really travel from freakin' Germany just to see some tv show's filming locations? I've been in a couple of movies as an extra and I wouldn't cross the street to see where C&T spit on the sidewalk.  I'm going to be in Miami this summer w/ my family and just thought it'd be fun to see a few locations.

Edited by S.FL84

• 2 weeks later...

I just think it'd be a blast to meet up with other board members in the same town the show was shot in and named after & see some famous locations.  Maybe rent the hotel conference room and group watch a few eps. 

No one has been able to get a large group of Vicers in Miami together for years.  But members do visit with their families, individually, or sometimes two or more together.  But don't let that discourage you, try it, pick a date that works with several others.  I visit usually once or twice a year so I'll  be there if possible.  I'm retired so I'm normally free.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

I think the pivotal factor is MV was the first and last major show to film almost entirely on location while using top 20 music and < THAT made it very socially relevant with what was happening on the street.  For example the use of Phil Collins IN THE AIR TONIGHT was perfect for the nighttime car ride scene as C&T were flying to Chalk's Air to try to catch Calderone.  MV's use the right music in the right scenes was groundbreaking. 

Edited by S.FL84

13 hours ago, miamijimf said:

No one has been able to get a large group of Vicers in Miami together for years.  But members do visit with their families, individually, or sometimes two or more together.  But don't let that discourage you, try it, pick a date that works with several others.  I visit usually once or twice a year so I'll  be there if possible.  I'm retired so I'm normally free.

Well MiamiJim at least you & I are in.  The RODEWAY INN in North Miami Beach is only like $65/nt for a single w/ free breakfast.  A convertible car is like $60.day.  I eat VERY little so I wouldn't spend more than $20/day for food.  < $100/day to see some exact MV locations that I personally have wanted to see for almost 33yrs.  Thats pretty freakin' cheap.  I bet in (3) days we could see everything in Miami there is to see related to MV locations.  A MV vacation that shouldn't cost more than $500 incl. airfare ain't too bad.

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...